Expand airbase stuck at 1%

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

coolts

Expand airbase stuck at 1%

Post by coolts »

BGI scenario.

7 x airbases all at 1%. for 5 turns. 1 x airbase actually expanding at 22%.

All in supply, none damaged. A bug or some game mechanic I'm unaware of? Some are on rail hexes, some have CONST attached. All have varying TOE.

The one that's actually upgrading has no CONST and isn't on a rail hex.

Game breaker really. Am I dong something daft? [&:]

Attachments
airbases n..pgrading.jpg
airbases n..pgrading.jpg (69.75 KiB) Viewed 124 times
"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
Searry

RE: Expand airbase stuck at 1%

Post by Searry »

When you build airbases, you really should put your builders there since the AI prioritizes ports, railroads, railyards, etc. I personally micromanage my building as the Allies since you get so many pp.
-Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm Beta Tester
-Rule The Waves 3 Beta Tester
coolts

Post by coolts »

ORIGINAL: Searry

When you build airbases, you really should put your builders there since the AI prioritizes ports, railroads, railyards, etc. I personally micromanage my building as the Allies since you get so many pp.

The one AB that's actually upgrading has no "builders" there. Do construction units have to be present to expand? I assumed they just made things quicker.
"Gauls! We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall on our heads tomorrow. But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!" - Chief Vitalstatistix
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Do construction units have to be present to expand?

Engineer/const unit is required to make any kind of repair or expansion. When one gets attached it is locked for the specific location.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Btw, what is the version you run? Iirc, there was a bug on this matter fixed some versions ago.
Pavel Zagzin
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

Some ABs don't give you an option to attach Const. Enginneers - I haven't figured out what the cause of this is?
coolts

Post by coolts »

ORIGINAL: Helpless
Do construction units have to be present to expand?

Engineer/const unit is required to make any kind of repair or expansion. When one gets attached it is locked for the specific location.

Hi Helpless.

v 1.02.15

All I could find in the manual suggests that repair does not depend on engineers but is aided by them, and a patch made it a little easier;

Air base unit repair is automatically performed on the air base unit by the attached air support units each day during both players air execution phase and after enemy air missions have been flown for the day in the enemy air execution phase. Normal airfield repair is 10 percent per day. In addition to the automatic repair that happens each day during the air execution phase, air base units that have construction units there to expand their size will use those units to repair damage during the logistics phase

V1.01.20 – 1 February 2016
11. Adjusted air base repair/expansion code, so it will allow some reduced repairs/expansion, even if there is not 100% of required supplies. Reduced air base expansion rate from size 2 to 3.

cant find any mention of needing construction units to expand airbases. Looks like you are right though. Started a new game and added CONST when expanding..

Attachments
airbasesa..pgrading.jpg
airbasesa..pgrading.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

When repairing damage done by enemy eng/const unit is not strictly required, but can increase repair rate. Expansion is different story. In this case eng/const unit is required.

Pavel Zagzin
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Some ABs don't give you an option to attach Const. Enginneers - I haven't figured out what the cause of this is?

- no units availble
- no supply path
- no freights
Pavel Zagzin

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”