Supply consumed by units, aircraft?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili

Supply consumed by units, aircraft?

Post by Dili »

Is there any list of supply consumed by device, unit, aircraft or a way to calculate it? For example how an armored division differ from an infantry division regarding supply consumption in the game? Artillery? repairs?
Also how much it difference in supply consumption from being in combat or being just still/garrison duties behind front line- so without combat?
Oberst_Klink

RE: Supply consumed by units, aircraft?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Is there any list of supply consumed by device, unit, aircraft or a way to calculate it? For example how an armored division differ from an infantry division regarding supply consumption in the game? Artillery? repairs?
Also how much it difference in supply consumption from being in combat or being just still/garrison duties behind front line- so without combat?
Kamerad,

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_Us ... ound_Units
http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/Plane_Management
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp37mkdgqpmzm ... e.pdf?dl=0

Those should answer most of your questions.

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
haventthe..Mobile.gif
haventthe..Mobile.gif (29.18 KiB) Viewed 172 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Thanks you Oberst Klink :)
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I think you are asking for scenario design purposes, but if you want to know how many supplies a unit in-game will use on any given day... divide its supply required number by 30 and round up to the nearest integer.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Yes Lokasenna it is for scenario design proposes.

Edit:
I wanted to find a way to have a calculation for production necessary to handle a certain quantity of LCU's and aircraft units but it is probably impossible.
Rafid

Post by Rafid »

Alfred's excellent Logistics 101 has is another good place for aircraft and mission cost. Less detailed on LCUs.
Dili

Post by Dili »

Very good, thanks Rafid.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Dili

Yes Lokasenna it is for scenario design proposes.

Edit:
I wanted to find a way to have a calculation for production necessary to handle a certain quantity of LCU's and aircraft units but it is probably impossible.

I don't think it's impossible.

I am pretty sure that you can have a reasonable enough idea of how much supply a unit would need. I'm not at all certain, but I think the amount required (not in combat) is about 1 supply per device per month. So if you have a unit with 310 devices in its TOE, I think its supply required when at rest might be 310?

Or maybe it's not. I couldn't quickly find a source, which is why I didn't mention it before.
Dili

Post by Dili »

The idea was to have a very close call between supply production to historical war production/ use , but there are too many variables so the idea now is just to get the Japanese values in game compare them to historical, get a % of that based on war production, GDP and resource production based on League of the Nations for Italy/Axis.

Besides that was to have a similar needs of transport to Libya.
I already have to make an hack having 270-300 High Industry in Libya otherwise most ship tankers would stand still since neither land or air units have fuel consumption.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”