Suggestions, I need a good mod

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

kenbi

Suggestions, I need a good mod

Post by kenbi »

Like the title said
SirHoraceHarkness

RE: Suggestions, I need a good mod

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

The one I use is Icemania's AI mod. Keeps the game more or less vanilla but makes the AI more competitive both on the opponent empires and your own automation. Also includes some more races.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
Uncle Lumpy

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Hi kenbi, There are a number of decent mods to choose from, a number of mods which make subtle changes to the vanilla game or any mod you choose. I've been playing Retreat1970's Unleashed Extended II for a while now. I found it to be fairly well balanced and includes a lot of the best mods combined. I like playing as Xhuman and I perked up the mod a bit by adding some separate character portraits and names to the Xhuman files. That's about the limit of my modding ability. [:D]

Happy gaming!
I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Is there any specific type of mod you're looking for?
kenbi

Post by kenbi »

i want new UI, character portraits, ship and music
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Technologies too or not necessarily?
kenbi

Post by kenbi »

It's not important
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

I'm enjoying Rosbjerg's New Dawn mod. The only catch is there's a bug with racial events currently but I don't think it's an issue if you play the game with those turned off.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”