My first impression of the game

From the dawn of history to the Roman Civil Wars, from Iberia to Cyprus, revive the ancient naval battles of the Mediterranean
wiking62

My first impression of the game

Post by wiking62 »

I dived straight in and have played the First Punic War. Results so far:

Tyndaris: total victory
Mylae: total victory
Ecnomus: overwhelming victory

I love the game but find it a bit too easy. Maybe some of the other historical campaigns will prove a tougher challenge.
eddieballgame

RE: My first impression of the game

Post by eddieballgame »

The AI is competent enough for a challenge. If you are "too good" for it, try multiplayer...that is where the fun really is.
Machor

Post by Machor »

I barely snatched a major victory as Etruria at Alalia on my third try, and have been struggling to do better than a tactical victory at Cumae after several attempts. Of course, it may be that you're a far better admiral than me. [;)]
wiking62

Post by wiking62 »

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

The AI is competent enough for a challenge. If you are "too good" for it, try multiplayer...that is where the fun really is.

It's not a question of being "too good for it" I was just hoping for a more challenging AI. I have studied this period of naval history quite extensively so maybe that gives me some advantage. I don't know whether new patches can do anything to upgrade the AI.
Nicolas II

Post by Nicolas II »

ORIGINAL: wiking62

I dived straight in and have played the First Punic War. Results so far:

Tyndaris: total victory
Mylae: total victory
Ecnomus: overwhelming victory

I love the game but find it a bit too easy. Maybe some of the other historical campaigns will prove a tougher challenge.
is there a way to improve the difficulty ?
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Like the game, but disappointed. No updates in six months and the forum is pretty much dead. Such is the bane of niche wargames from indie developers who can't sell enough product to stay "alive."
DerJager

Post by DerJager »

wiking62:

Personally, I enjoy the game as it is very easy to play. I never have any expectation that an AI will be challenging. If you are interested in a challenge, I will be glad to play you in a head to head engagement. Offer a challenge to Der Jager, and I will meet you in Mediterranean waters. I always look forward to making new friends before compelling them to swim to shore. [:D]

"The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the man who sits in it."
- Manfred von Richtofen

Return to “Mare Nostrvm”