GOG Key

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

GA01

GOG Key

Post by GA01 »

I saw where Distant Worlds is now being sold on GOG. I know if we bought it from Matrix/Slitherine we get a Steam key but do we now also get a GOG key?
Hattori Hanzo

RE: GOG Key

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

no, Distant World is not in the actual GOG video game collection.
GA01

Post by GA01 »

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

no, Distant World is not in the actual GOG video game collection.

As of yesterday Distant Worlds is now sold on GOG. Along with Pandora and Star Hammer.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

great news, thanks GA01 !!!!! [&o]
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

I was thinking of trying out Polaris Sector but I like being able to register my games with Steam. I was wondering if anyone knows whether Matrix/Slitherine only give Steam keys if you buy games directly from them or if they give keys regardless of where the game was purchased from?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if you buy from the site, and the game is released on steam, now or at a later date, you also get a steam key, if you buy from steam or GOG, that's the only key you get, and won't be able to register or use a site key, as it only works one way, not the other
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Gotcha, thanks for the info!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”