Production

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Dabrion

Production

Post by Dabrion »

How does one use the production interface without crashing the game?

After negotiating with the brain-dead interface for hours I managed to get my CW convoys down. The next country (France) crashes on recompute, and the one after that (US) wont even load the save without crashing. The file size grows to 64MB and 128MB, vs 8MB normal.

And help?

Attachments
AutoSave.zip
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov
rkr1958

RE: Production

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Dabrion

How does one use the production interface without crashing the game?

After negotiating with the brain-dead interface for hours I managed to get my CW convoys down. The next country (France) crashes on recompute, and the one after that (US) wont even load the save without crashing. The file size grows to 64MB and 128MB, vs 8MB normal.

And help?

I see that you're still running 2.5.1. You need to apply the Hot Patch 2.05.05 (as Steve calls it) tm.asp?m=4326907

This fixes a number of the production issues/irritations, but most importantly this hot patch takes care of the game file size "ballooning" fatal bug.

FYI. Over the weekend I just setup a new global game and experienced 0 crashes during the setup. And take a look at my convoy routes. Note that the one idle factory is Warsaw. These screen caps were taken just after Germany DOW war on Poland.

Attachments
CWFraConvoyRoutes.jpg
CWFraConvoyRoutes.jpg (806.68 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Ronnie
Dabrion

RE: Production

Post by Dabrion »

Thanks, will try that patch.
"If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there." ~ Georgy Zhukov

Return to “World in Flames”