Issues I hope get fixed

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

dave123

Issues I hope get fixed

Post by dave123 »

I really like this game, but 2 issues are almost making me want to quit.

1. Predicted combat results are crazy bad. I can't count the times that predicted combat was something like 1 attacker, 4 defender and the opposite or worse happened. This really detracts from the game. I know that combat and warfare is unpredictable in nature, but I've played lots of war games - and this is just way off what I would expect. Just a few minutes ago, I attacked a unit, and had predicted of 0 attacker, 2 defender. The defender got a rugged defense, and the actual results were 0 attacker, 3 defender. Really? How is that possible?

Chess mode in multiplayer should be easy to add, and would really help!

2. Retreats are baffling in this game. Many, Many times, I've had a unit retreat forward towards the enemy and into a river when it could have retreated backwards towards friendlies along a road. I've had games that have swung because of a few crazy retreats. This makes the loser feel cheated and makes for a hollow victory for the winner.

So my question is: Is this game still being supported? Any chance a patch will ever address these issues?

thanx
dave123

RE: Issues I hope get fixed

Post by dave123 »

I guess I have my answer :)
Darth Holliday

Post by Darth Holliday »

Just a shot in the dark, but why don't you ask this question in the Tech Support Section....?
"Let's not forget, George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British. He shot them.”
R35

Post by R35 »

The main PzC forums are actually at the Slitherines:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=121
Most of the community is there and the developers are also more likely to check that forum. That said, there was a small hotfix released for PzC in March this year:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=76489
but development of PzC has pretty much finished I think and I doubt you`ll get that sort of expansions for it, now that the PzC 2 has already been announced:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=464
dave123

Post by dave123 »

thanx, will do.
PoorOldSpike

Post by PoorOldSpike »

ORIGINAL: dave123

1. Predicted combat results are crazy bad. I can't count the times that predicted combat was something like 1 attacker, 4 defender and the opposite or worse happened...

2. Retreats are baffling in this game. Many, Many times, I've had a unit retreat forward towards the enemy and into a river...

On the other hand unpredictability is what keeps a game fresh as it means no scenario will ever play the same each time you play it..:)
For example when combat results don't go as planned, you can regard it as something unforeseen happening, like some of your attacking tanks breaking down or getting stuck in rough terrain, or a communication foul up spoiling your infantry attack etc.
Likewise retreats could have an element of blind panic in them that makes them run like crazy in any direction.
If PzCorps was a complex expert-level wargame those things might be jarring, but it's more of a "fun" game so we needn't take them too seriously..:)
"Fight with your brain first and your weapons second!"
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I just started the 1939 Campaign again for the tenth time. I love this game. I am glad I don't have the hours counting on this game.

Return to “Panzer Corps”