Multitude of Romanian Airbases

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

wga8888

Multitude of Romanian Airbases

Post by wga8888 »

There seems to be a great excess of Romanian airbases. Do players disband a number of them or leave them be?
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Telemecus

RE: Multitude of Romanian Airbases

Post by Telemecus »

I find them incredibly useful - but my guess is most others finding them surplus to requirements
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
No idea

Post by No idea »

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I find them incredibly useful - but my guess is most others finding them surplus to requirements

What do you use them for?
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: No idea
ORIGINAL: Telemecus
What do you use them for?

This is not advice for wga as I am an outlier and I think the consensus is disband them. But my use is i) you will usually have a base that is empty and you can move them forward and then air transfer airgroups forward to them emptying other bases i.e. moving the Rumanian airforce by airtransfer not ground transport which means you only use 1 or 2 % of their miles/fatigue/wear&tear - very difficult if you have a higher airgroups to airbase ratio or in Luftwaffe where the planes need bases with a lot of fuel/ammo ii) as staging bases iii) occasionally to stop or reduce the auto rail repair down useless routes by taking up stacking slots and iv) on rail lines to reduce partisan activity - I know they modified the code to allow partisan attacks on rail routes with airbases but I assume having fighter groups along the route might still disrupt partisan resupply missions a little where it helps the most. iii or iv may be dubious or tentative, but i and ii are observeable power multipliers for the airforce.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

Return to “The War Room”