New computer & Win 10 issues

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pompack

New computer & Win 10 issues

Post by pompack »

New computer (AMD Fx6350 Hexa-core) and Win 10: VERY slow response to clicks AND no plane art. I have tried many switches specifically including -SingleCpuOrders & -cpu2 & -multiaudio & -dd_sw alone and in combinations. The cpu switches have no effect; I suspect the dd_sw would have an effect BUT the display locks up with background feedthrough but no updates.

Also I reloaded the game and DirectX and patched to 1.7.1124

Does anyone have any ideas about other switches that could help this problem or ideas about how to make the dd_sw switch work?
Fallschirmjager

RE: New computer & Win 10 issues

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Try -deep color
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Try -deep color

Thank you, but it did not have any effect on the problem, either alone or in combination with dd_sw
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

The correct form of that switch is -deepColor if I recall correctly.
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Thanks witpqs, that works MUCH better than -DeepColor. The response improved by at least X8 with that all by itself!

Now if I could only get the plane sides to work I would be fully operational
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

We need a header on the forum that says "use -deepColor with Win 8 or Win 10"
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: pompack

Thanks witpqs, that works MUCH better than -DeepColor. The response improved by at least X8 with that all by itself!

Are you using the correct "-", the one at the top of the keyboard, not the minus sign on the numeric pad? Leaving only one space between switches?
Syntax on all the switches must be exact - upper/lower case letters matter.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

[
Are you using the correct "-", the one at the top of the keyboard, not the minus sign on the numeric pad? Leaving only one space between switches?
Syntax on all the switches must be exact - upper/lower case letters matter.
[/quote]

yes
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Post your entire command switch line.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont

pompack

Post by pompack »

Thanks everyone! After much experimentation, I have found that this combination solves the slow response, the lack of animations and the missing aircraft sides. There is still some bleedthrough from the desktop initially, but it disappears if I scroll across the map

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders -cpu2 -dd_sw
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Thanks everyone! After much experimentation, I have found that this combination solves the slow response, the lack of animations and the missing aircraft sides. There is still some bleedthrough from the desktop initially, but it disappears if I scroll across the map

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders -cpu2 -dd_sw
Long ago someone else - I think Moose but not sure - found this cures the bleed through. Worked for me.

Attachments
Win10Trans..tSetting.jpg
Win10Trans..tSetting.jpg (133.72 KiB) Viewed 196 times
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

As witpqs said.... it is some other software running. You can mark the time when it happens and then check your event viewer for a match if it's recorded. When I play full screen it happens when some call to the internet returns a error, like when my connection drops, which has nothing to do with the game... weird.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

As witpqs said.... it is some other software running. You can mark the time when it happens and then check your event viewer for a match if it's recorded. When I play full screen it happens when some call to the internet returns a error, like when my connection drops, which has nothing to do with the game... weird.
Ah yes, I should point out that the setting I posted above is not for eliminating these sort of pop-ups (which are part of the features of the OS), rather for actual bleed through of things that should not be doing so.
pompack

Post by pompack »

Long ago someone else - I think Moose but not sure - found this cures the bleed through. Worked for me.

yes, I had seen one of your earlier posts on this and that was one of the first things I did
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

I get drops to desktop and sometimes just graphic bleed throughs from different behind the scene errors, that if I was not playing WitPAE I would not even known was happening.

MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

I remember someone had this problem and it was do to slideshow or wallpaper settings.

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I remember someone had this problem and it was do to slideshow or wallpaper settings.
That stuff could certainly interfere!
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Yep, thanks very much. Affirmative. When I played AE on my new laptop, the game dropped to desktop very frequently say every 15 mins. Now I changed the Windows wallpaper switching to once a day and the game does not drop to desktop! [&o] [:D]
Banner designed by rogueusmc

Return to “Tech Support”