CMANO and Northern Inferno updated to version 1.12!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Daniele

CMANO and Northern Inferno updated to version 1.12!

Post by Daniele »

Hi everyone!

Just few days before the release of Chains of War! Are you excited?

In the meantime, brace yourself with this huge upgrade for Command: Modern Air Naval Operations and Northern Inferno!

This update (Version 1.12) improves the game in many ways, introducing four major new features (Communication Disruption, Aircraft damage, Cargo / landing / airdrop operations and new weapons type), numerous tweaks to the User Interface and tons of further enhancements!

The changelog is very long so be sure the check it out entirely below!

EDIT:
The four new features related to Chains of War you'll see under the "GENERAL" section, will be available only if the Chains of War license is active

You can download this update here:
Pub Link: http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CommandM ... p-v112.zip

Members Area
CMANO: http://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=483
CNI: http://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=589

**** UPDATE ************************************************************************

Unfortunately the B936.11 exe included in the v1.12 update does not have the large-address aware flag, and hence may be susceptible to out-of-memory errors. We are preparing a new update pack which will include a properly-flagged copy of the exe.

In the meantime, here is a properly LAA-flagged copy of the very same exe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B205vp ... sp=sharing . Just unzip it to your installation folder (overwriting the existing exe) and you should be good to go.

Our apologies for this oversight, and thank you for your understanding!

************************************************************************************

Command v1.12 Changelog

GENERAL
------------------------------
* Major new feature: Communications disruption. (Requires Chains of War)
* Major new feature: Aircraft damage. (Requires Chains of War)
* Major new feature: Cargo / landing / airdrop operations. (Requires Chains of War)
* Major new weapon types:
- Enhanced High-Energy Lasers (HELs) (Requires Chains of War)
- Railguns & High-velocity Projectiles (HVPs) (Requires Chains of War)
- Tactical electromagntic pulse (EMP) weapons(Requires Chains of War)

All new major features are optional (enabled per-scenario, just like the pre-existing features "Detailed gunfire control" and "Unlimited base munitions"), and available for use only when the Chains Of War license is present. Attempting to load a scenario with any of the new features without having the corresponding license results in a block, with a window shown that informs the player of the unlicensed features and how they can be unlocked/enabled.

* Numerous performance improvements

SIMULATION
----------------------
* Addition to passive sonar model: Target masking. When the sub/ship being detected is within X degrees bearing (relative to the sonar sensor) of another one, the (comparatively) louder one may prevent the other(s) from being detected.
(X = a given angular difference referred to as the "bearing gate". This value decreases in more modern sonar sets (as low as 4 degrees) and increases in older ones (as high as 20 deg). To fool a modern passive sonar by masking under another vessel on the same bearing, you need to get very close to the other unit angularly).

* Significant improvements to automatic flight plan generator

* Misc tweaks to tanker & bingo calculations

* Mine navigation updates

USER INTERFACE

-----------------------------------------
* Two significant tweaks on time acceleration:
- An extra time accel setting, "2x", has been added.
- The sim resolution (ie. pulse timeslice) is now 0.1 sec not only when running at 1-1, but also at 2x and 5x accel.
The practical result should be that the player gets a smoother "acceleration curve" when moving from 1x to 2x and 5x time compression.

* Improved support for 4K/UHD screens (no longer necessary to temporarily downscale to 1080p).

* UI tweak: Display "No-Cav" on Unit Status panel for vessel that is reducing speed to avoid cavitation

* If the scenario save path does not "sit under" the \Scenarios folder, the game forcefully defaults to the latter

* Fix for Steam workshop issues

SCENARIO EDITOR:
----------------------------------------
* Lua: Fix manual/desired speed on SetUnit()
* Lua: Enhance EndScenario trigger/action
* Lua: Enhanced "Unit Detected" event trigger

MISC. FIXES / CHANGES
-----------------------------------------------
* Hide speed info for fixed facilities/groups
* Fixed: Helo climbs after last Hellfire and gets killed by SAM
* Fixed: Aircraft with Stand-off enabled doesn't fire all weapons on first pass
* Fixed: Doctrine crash for waypoints
* FIXED: DE Submarine not rising to recharge battery if on plotted course without mission
* FIXED: Diesel subs RTBs when battery empties (with plenty of diesel fuel left)
* Fixed: Air groups not displaying altitude correctly
* Fixed: SH-60 attacking with Hellfires turns away, losing illumination
* Aircraft stand-off adjustments
* FIXED: #11436: [920] VLAD Sonobouy range cause spacing issues with MPA's with mixed sonobouy loadouts
* FIXED: #11554: ASW-only mines triggered by ships
* FIXED: Startup crash by incorrect date parsing in Arabic locale
* ADDED: #4815: Double-clicking on a weapon rec in 'Add Weapon Record' menu should add it to the magazine
* FIXED: #7795: 552 Edit event action window - Hightlight units list needs to be wide enough to accomodate text or growable
* FIXED: #11338 - Possible missile bug (Ships firing more missiles then necessary)
* FIXED: #11441 - [B906.24] Activation Times and Creating New Mission Issue
* FIXED: #11464 - Modifying a ships magazine weapons records and then cloning causes a crash
* FIXED: Unit Cloning causes corrupted scen saves
* FIXED: Creating new mission and opening Mission Editor does not display times correctly
* Fixed: Crash when selecting speed/alt checkbox for waypoint
* FIXED: #11477 - [B923] Aircraft in Weather Shelters not damaged
* FIXED: #11454 - CWDB bug - Early British Diesel Subs not recharging batteries
* Fixed: Mission planner edge case for airborne helo and close (<20nm) target
* Added: Check on submerged contact's age before shooting
* Fixed: Aircraft ordered to refuel crash into NoNav Zones and get stuck
* Fixed: Various sidebar UI fixes
* Added: Set "Unit Status" panel to show a unit on load of scenario
* Fixed: Flightplans without pre-planned times are forced to hold
* Fixed: ASW Strike missions do not launch
* Fixed: [Lua] True/False in LuaWrapper_Mission
* Added: [Lua] Common mission options to SE_SetMission()
* FIXED: Incorrect weapons in Weapon Allocation window
* FIXED: Multiple "contact lost" messages in scenarios with multiple allied sides
* Fixed: [Lua] "Unit enters area" trigger problem when multiple triggers reference the same unit
* FIXED: #11583: Subs on a patrol won't ignore plotted course when attacking, despite doctrine telling it to
* FIXED: Sub not changing course without pressing U key
* #11591 - Merging emissions from allies sometimes can result in emissions not being updated for fixed facilities
* #11589 - EMCON changed event
* #8801 - No-nav zones visible through the planet
* Lua: Added OODA to unit wrapper
* Various speed improvements
* Fixed: Existing Steam workshop scenarios were not getting updated
* Fixed: Mission creation crash (edge case)
* Improved pathfinding in waters with mines
* Fixed: SA-5 shoots at Tomahawk over water
* Revised sonobuoy drop spacing
* FIXED: Irregular exceptions during recording
* Fixed: Fuel panel is not updated correctly
* Fixed: Force Destroyed event on hosted ships
* EnterArea trigger fix for a 'NOT in area' issue
* Fixed: Submarine out of battery goes to wrong speed
* Fixed: ASW on RTB should stop dropping sonobuoys
* Tweaks in MCM and Minehunting sonar evaluation
* FIXED: Abnormal AC turn-rate at below corner velocity
* Fixed: Tankers are less eager to meet clients half-way
* Fixed: Improved RTB logics in presence of tankers
* RE-FIXED: Duplicate log messages
* FIXED: #11586: Harpoons fired on a Bearing Only are not following waypoints
* FIXED: Mission Editor UI problem (cannot assign group members to mission)
* Fixed: Mine navigation improvements
* FIXED: Hosted units not removed when host unit is removed (ScenEdit mode)
* Lua: Fixed 'Destroyed Unit' event kicking in on DeleteUnit()
* Fixed: "Ignore Plotted Course" edge case for A/C on ASW with localization course
* FIXED: Group lead took into account sprint-drifters when slowing down to allow group reform (thus entire group freezing in place)
* Fixed: Aircraft don't turn on radars in patrol zones when using high fidelity
* Fixed: Grouped tankers with "Allow Refuel Tankers" doctrine do all kinds of weird stuff
#11504 - Add paradrop flag to unit 357
#11501 - Ohio SSGN with DDS
#10795 - MGK-608, MGK-608E (export) & MGK-608M SEVER (Imprv Russian SOSUS)
#10169 - KS-139 Belgorod (Project 09852 submarine)
#11556 - DB3k: Add Krasnopol rounds to Chinese Type 66 and PLZ-05 Artillery
#11555 - DB3k: Fix China Smerch and PHL-03 issue
#11549 - DB3k: Complete UAE Army
#11548 - DB3k: Indian Tu-142MK Retired 2017
#11547 - [DB3k Update] BMD weight is 8 tons
#11538 - Burke 2015 torpedo mags
#10918 - CWDB AIM-9C and Talos H issue
#11540 - Juneau fuel issues
#11528 - Gabriel I -- -Yom Kippur 73 is capable vs Land but has Anti-Air range and PoK

* Includes the latest versions of the DB3000 and CWDB databases. All standalone, tutorial and Northern Inferno scenarios have been tweaked and rebuilt to the current DBs.

Lanzfeld

RE: CMANO and Northern Inferno updated to version 1.12!

Post by Lanzfeld »

nevermind!

Great job!
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

Downloaded and installed via the Menu Updater.
All good ..... all loads as expected.
GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

My UI issues on my laptop have been resolved!!! THANK YOU![&o] I cannot wait to start playing Chains of war in two days!!!!

Now if the CSP could get fixed, there is still a number of scenarios that are missing, only the config files for them are there.
Dan109

Post by Dan109 »

Perfect timing! I just upgraded Ni to full Command with the Steam special. Couldn't wait for a lower price! Steam upgraded the game automatically, although I had to close/re-launch steam, as the game was complaining that steam wasn't running. It might have been a transient error, as I was doing this just after bootup, and maybe steam-command did not yet fully initialize.
CCIP-subsim

Post by CCIP-subsim »

Wow! So am I understanding correctly that the big 4 features (comms disruption, aircraft damage, cargo ops, EMP/HEL/HVP weapons) can still be used by players without CoW?
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I'm afraid not. All the stuff from Chains of War is there, including the scenarios, but until you install Chains of War, it is locked.
CCIP-subsim

Post by CCIP-subsim »

Well, no big deal on that, not like this guy isn't getting CoW [:)] I was just curious if that was a change in position for the patch, since before the new features being exclusive was spelled out very clearly.
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Anyone know if this is supposed to push to Steam today as well? I won't know till after 7 Central when I get home, so I'm just seeing if anyone else with Steam has checked on this.

--Mav
USSInchon

Post by USSInchon »

ORIGINAL: mavfin

Anyone know if this is supposed to push to Steam today as well? I won't know till after 7 Central when I get home, so I'm just seeing if anyone else with Steam has checked on this.

It does appear to have pushed to Steam today as well, a 65MB update.
Eggstor

Post by Eggstor »

It's been pushed out to Steam, but I think that the exe file currently is the bugged one. You'll need to download/unzip the updated exe file (at least until the crew says they pushed out the update.
Stardog765

Post by Stardog765 »

Good job gents!

Can't wait for the expansion :)
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

Thanks for another good update!
“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Yeah, I had seen that post about the executable, and expected I'd have to get that, but that's no issue. I know where to install the replacement. Thanks for the news, USSInchon and Eggstor.
--Mav
AlexinCT

Post by AlexinCT »

I can confirm that there is a Steam update and if you replace the .exe file with the one from the link above you are good. I however have a question about upgrading my own scenarios to the current version of the DB. Do we need to do a deep rebuild like we did for the last release, or can we get away with just doing an upgrade?

And thanks for continuing to make this game more awesome and more fun for us addicts devs! I can't wait for CoW!

Update: I just upgraded one of my home grown scenarios that had an energy laser in it, and the next thing I know it told me I couldn't get into the scenario without the CoW expansion which is not available for purchase/download yet...

Was that intended to be how this works?
mavfin

Post by mavfin »

Yes, that is how it is now. Only 2 of the energy/railgun weapons do not require the DLC now.

--Mav
Cik

Post by Cik »

more accurately, the laser weapons you used to be able to use are still available, the new ones for the DLC are not available as they require the DLC which isn't out yet.
AlexinCT

Post by AlexinCT »

The content now telling me I can't even open my scenario in edit mode was available before. It was content I found in the DB while doing research to create stuff, and I added it without realizing it would now block the scenario I made until I got the expansion. Note that I definitely plan to buy the expansion, so it is just 2 days of waiting for me. But people not doing that immediately when it comes out, or more importantly, not planning to get the expansion at all, suddenly discovering home made scenarios built with content that was available before but now makes these scenarios I had created suddenly not usable, conceivably would not be happy.

Not really complaining. Just surprised I can't update a lot of my home made scenarios to the latest & greatest for a couple of days until the expansion comes out.
Zaslon

Post by Zaslon »

Great update.

But in my opinion, this patch added a huge design flaw. Incompatibility between CMANO base and scenarios using CoW-Features. A more elegant solution could be switch off these features if CoW expansion is not present, 100% compatibility with the exception of scenarios with lasers and railguns.

Less than 24 hours!
Kids think about Iran and Amateurs think about Russia, but professionals think about China
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: AlexinCT
The content now telling me I can't even open my scenario in edit mode was available before. It was content I found in the DB while doing research to create stuff, and I added it without realizing it would now block the scenario I made until I got the expansion. Note that I definitely plan to buy the expansion, so it is just 2 days of waiting for me. But people not doing that immediately when it comes out, or more importantly, not planning to get the expansion at all, suddenly discovering home made scenarios built with content that was available before but now makes these scenarios I had created suddenly not usable, conceivably would not be happy.

Not really complaining. Just surprised I can't update a lot of my home made scenarios to the latest & greatest for a couple of days until the expansion comes out.

Hi,

This is something that has come up before; see for example this thread, where certain people had no qualms about labeling the game as "hostageware" (One may hope, in vain probably, that with WannaCry etc. in the news, some people will finally get some much-needed perspective).

Here's a short recap:

* The recent DB versions (last few months) include the new weapon types (railguns/HVPs, Phase-2 lasers etc.). Putting them on the DBs well before v1.12's release was unavoidable because otherwise we wouldn't be able to develop and test the mechanics for the new weapon types.

* To prevent people from using these new toys before their time and without the correct license, we added pre-fire license checks on each of them, both for manual and automatic fire. This "works", but it does mean that if these weapons are the linchpin of a scenario (or simply of the user's plan), suddenly discovering they don't work can be a nasty surprise (see my "axe murdering" post here).

* Beginning with the v1.12 RC, to avoid the axe-wielding problem, we essentially moved the licensing check & block from the weapon pre-fire phase to the scenario-loading step. We have also stated that if anyone has a scenario in which such systems have been inserted, and can thus no longer load it, can send it to us and we'll be happy to remove the offending systems for him, thus making it loadable.

Let me emphasize this: Our priority is to minimize user annoyance. Being blocked at scen-load is irritating, no argument there. Now imagine how much worse it is to be blocked just as you're ready to fire the goddamn weapon (presumably after having invested a significant time on the scenario). Instant REDRUM!

(ALSO: Since the new weapon types were inoperative before v1.12 anyway, any "innocent argument" along the lines of "They are taking back features unless you pay!" is dead-on-arrival. I'm not saying that some people will deliberately try to spin it this way.... perish the thought.)

How to avoid this next time? Only reliable way I can see is to refrain from releasing updated DBs in-between major versions (since the whole thing originated with scen authors using platforms they shouldn't have). Good solution? Bad solution? Depends who you ask. If you can think of a better practical alternative we're all ears.

Thanks.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”