OT: Churchill Movie

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

OT: Churchill Movie

Post by Footslogger »

woods

RE: OT: Churchill Movie

Post by woods »

Thanks for your post. Quite a number of movies on WW2 in Europe this year
Art by Rougeusmc
woods

Post by woods »

There is another movie on Churchill scheduled to be released 29 Dec 2017 starring Gary Oldham as Churchill. Can't find any trailers but 2017 sure is a good year for movies on WW2 European theatre.
Art by Rougeusmc
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

It would be nice if more of these flicks do not get the "treatment" done on the true history as we heard(*) about in "the movie that cannot be named"...
(*)(Heard about it so we were warned not to watch it).

patrickl

Post by patrickl »

I think the upcoming movies should be ok, not too much TMTSNBN effect there. [:D]
Banner designed by rogueusmc
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Attachments
chur.jpg
chur.jpg (93.43 KiB) Viewed 352 times

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Not historic acurate movie I see already, you can NOT carry an MG this way, your neck will hurt quite badly [;)]
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Maybe one too many Churchill movies ?
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

There can't be too many Churchill movies [:)]
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

So long as Ben Affleck is not in it..THAT in itself is an improvement...but still wary of Danny DeVito being put in the lead!!!???

On my Ranger team, at 74"...I was always one of the largest and carried the M60..Never carried it on the neck, LOL.

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

On my Ranger team, at 74"...I was always one of the largest and carried the M60..Never carried it on the neck, LOL.

I was also one of the biggest at 1,92m, but when I was in the Luftwaffe in the early 90ties, I remember the MG3 was shared each day - means each day another one carried it and another guy carried his G3 rifle (iirc).

But it was quite heavy thats what I remember clearly. We would walk downhill (barracks on a hill) then through the village and then uphill through the woods (the radar and communications site was on a hill opposite to the barracks hill) and then in the afternoon walk back. Funnily enough it is said that LW had not so hard "duty" as the Heer guys. However we walked almost everytime LOL and the weapons training was quite serious and intense imoh. Not so much the outdoor duty, yup. Cause most would become go to technical or admin untis later (or AA in my case too). Today they get driven I guess [;)] perhpaps with music and video so they get not bored [:D]

They downhill walk was the worst also on hard ground (woods or grass would be not so bad), it damaged the knees in my case a bit more (I had some probs with left knee since age 10 or so). Not to forget the boots were clearly not good (for your legs bones) on hard ground (but good for "nature" and wet ground admittedly)
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Yes serving the country has many pleasant experiences. When I was conscripted into the army (Singapore army) for 2 years six months, we did quite alot of burden work. I remember on road marches up to 32 kilometres, my soldiers some were really unfit and I carried my and his full pack(one in front and one at my back)and my and his M16 rifle (2 rifles on the front full pack). Man when I reached the end point, when I took off all the full packs and rifles, I could feel so light that I can fly.[:D]
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Patrick, is the consprict duty this long in Singers ? I guess you voluntered to do longer service right ?

Btw, i was kinda lucky with my knee problem, cause without they had send me to the "wilderness" near Kassel (near the ex-Border to the GDR and the soviet bear) to some Heer armor unit 300km away. I much prefered the Luftwaffe only 50km away :) Normally I had a 5kg Schein (meaning you should only carry 5gk cause of the health problems) but I forgot about it. I figured the others guys (in unit) would not be thrilled if someone only carries 5kg (and guess the "superiors" also forgot it LOL)

It is not good mostly if you have long legs, it is more prone to knee problems (had 2 surgeries later)
patrickl

Post by patrickl »

Alpha77,in my times in the 80's, all males here having 11 years education or higher ( we called that Pre-University here)gets 2 yrs 6 months conscription. Grade 10 and below gets 2 years conscription.

Sad to hear of your knee problem. In peace time, you do your best for your country provided it does not ruin your health. In war, we give our all. Knee problems can be tedious. Even exercises like running is not advisable. Swimming is not load bearing so that is better alternative. You take care. All the best.[;)]
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

you can NOT carry an MG this way, your neck will hurt quite badly

Sure you can, that's an M60, I've done it.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: rustysi
you can NOT carry an MG this way, your neck will hurt quite badly

Sure you can, that's an M60, I've done it.

Let it cool off, lol

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Let it cool off, lol

It was a replica probably, so no need to cool :)

I hope we get some pics from him as "Rambo" [X(]
US87891

Post by US87891 »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Let it cool off, lol

Will these do?
Attachments
mg421.jpg
mg421.jpg (386.44 KiB) Viewed 352 times
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: US87891
ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Let it cool off, lol

Will these do?

Yeah, now you've got the picture.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Those are carried at the shoulder not neck, so you cheated [:-]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”