MANPADS Defending SAM sites

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Beckles

MANPADS Defending SAM sites

Post by Beckles »

I just did a Google search to try and find a discussion of this and didn't find anything, I've always been bothered by the way MANPADS are modeled with SAM sites, it doesn't seem very realistic from the perspective that you'll launch an attack against these units with various weapons, in particular cruise missiles, and when the cruise missile attacks these sites it targets a MANPADS. It would seem like a more realistic approach to modeling these defenses would be to just give the various components of a SAM site a MANPADS launcher with a couple of missiles as part of the component instead of modeling the MANPADS as a separate component. In other words instead of a SAM site having a couple of radars and six launchers plus four MANPADS it would have MANPADS attached to each specific components.

Okay, I can't believe this hasn't been discussed before, what am I missing? :)
mikmykWS

RE: MANPADS Defending SAM sites

Post by mikmykWS »

Its really easy to remove them?

Mike
ComDev

RE: MANPADS Defending SAM sites

Post by ComDev »

Known issue (aimpoint prioritization), is on the to-do list and will be fixed eventually [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”