Graphical artifacts

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Neilster

Graphical artifacts

Post by Neilster »

Does anyone else get graphical artifacts? Usually they're bits of menus or flyouts left after they should be gone. Mostly I can banish them by scrolling them off the screen and then scrolling back (or I suppose it would be usually quicker to select next unit and then immediately select last unit...I only just thought of that).

It's not a biggie but it's still a bit annoying.

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
Centuur

RE: Graphical artifacts

Post by Centuur »

Yes, they tend to appear sometimes. It's cosmetic only, so don't expect Steve to fix this fast (since he doesn't have a clue why this happens too).
Peter
davidachamberlain

Post by davidachamberlain »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Does anyone else get graphical artifacts? Usually they're bits of menus or flyouts left after they should be gone. Mostly I can banish them by scrolling them off the screen and then scrolling back (or I suppose it would be usually quicker to select next unit and then immediately select last unit...I only just thought of that).

Cheers, Neilster
It is likely some residue from the Windows API or the application development tool API and is not likely something that can be coded around.

I don't expect any plans to rewrite this into something that has a different (and possibly more stable) development platform. Too much has been invested to restart that process.

Dave
tom730_slith

Post by tom730_slith »

It's easy to eliminate them, as the OP mentions. A pretty minor issue when compared to the incredibly vast amount of programming that turned the best "grand strategic" table top WW2 game into a PC game.

Seriously, for those of us who can never find a local opponent it is a miracle we have a working version that doesn't require:
A. Hours of set-up time
B. An entire room of the house devoted to the finished set-up (and pushing your luck with an understanding wife!)
C. Constant reference to volumes of rule books to try to play correctly

All of this went out the window for me, and a game I LOVED in the 80's but rarely could play has become instead my regular WW2 game fix!!!
I guess if I were more computer literate I might be more critical, but given all the hours of fun I have gotten for $99 I can't complain. I find the game visually beautiful and endlessly challenging and fun! Best gaming money I have EVER spent! [:)]
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Cheers, Neilster
Yes I get these often enough to notice and solve them as you do.
Paul
4personalbusiness

Post by 4personalbusiness »

What Tom said.
RFalvo69

Post by RFalvo69 »

ORIGINAL: tom730
A pretty minor issue when compared to the incredibly vast amount of programming that turned...
...is turning...
...the best "grand strategic" table top WW2 game into a PC game.
"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

Return to “World in Flames”