ASW attacks

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bush

ASW attacks

Post by bush »

If I am using a plane like the Beaufort VIII that carries torps, are those used to attack a sub, or only the 500 lb. bomb it is also capable of carrying? If it will NOT use the torp, do I need to manually set the load to bombs?

Thank you.
witpqs

RE: ASW attacks

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

If I am using a plane like the Beaufort VIII that carries torps, are those used to attack a sub, or only the 500 lb. bomb it is also capable of carrying? If it will NOT use the torp, do I need to manually set the load to bombs?

Thank you.
No. AFAIK it will automatically use bombs. I don't always bother to change the settings either.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Witps has led you right.. This includes any torpedo equipped aircraft. You do not have to change the default loadout to bombs either. If set to ASW they will automatically use bombs.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
bush

Post by bush »

Same automatic function for carrier planes? My TBFs CV runs out of torps during a battle so the planes get loaded with bombs?
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Witps has led you right.. This includes any torpedo equipped aircraft. You do not have to change the default loadout to bombs either. If set to ASW they will automatically use bombs.

And if set to naval attack, with a portion on ASW, the portion flying ASW will fly with bombs while the rest of the unit will fly any strikes with torpedoes (if set as such and available).
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: bushpsu

Same automatic function for carrier planes? My TBFs CV runs out of torps during a battle so the planes get loaded with bombs?
If you run out of torps, bombs are automatically used even if the squadron is set for torps. In fact, if you have a few torps left but not enough for the whole squadron, the AI will load up the remaining torps first and then fill out the rest of the squadron with bombs. Naval attack includes both, so I think the AI just adjusts the attack profile during the attack calculations based on the munitions carried.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”