COMMANDER: The Civil War..????

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

operating

COMMANDER: The Civil War..????

Post by operating »

Hello Ian,

What's the chances of a Commander series game about the American Civil War (CACW)? Or any other Commander game developments? Stoking the fire to see if anything is happening...

Thanks, Bob
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
IainMcNeil

RE: COMMANDER: The Civil War..????

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Bob,

sorry we don't have anything like that planned. Maybe one day!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Commander Civil War is a great idea.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi Bob,

Iain,

Have the Commander style games been profitable to Matrix and Slitherine..?
rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings operating,
I note that Strategic Command WW II in Europe is getting a Napoleonic Wars mod in future.
Perhaps a Civil War mod could be done as well using its engine.
operating

Post by operating »

Hello Rommel222,

Mods are OK, however I was hoping for something commercial that could reach a wider audience and be supported. PBEM play is still brisk with CTGW, although there is a huge Potzbllitz mod in the works near completion, also read where some at CEAW has recently completed a v4,0 mod that looks great, however the game is several years old, none-the-less still an active community, numbers wise cannot say. My feeling is: That the players of Commander games are thirsting for a new venue..

Thanks, Bob[;)]
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi Bob,

Still keeping my hopes up..[:)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'd love to see more in this time period, never really got into it and always stayed with WW1 and 2 or pre tech age and Rome etc, but as soon as i tested & played Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword, i got hooked, so do look forward to more of the same
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

Not sure what "Drawing the Sword" is.[&:] Will look it up.. And will revisit "Brother against Brother". Also, what I liked about Commander games is: That it is not just all land action, it has naval action too, including transports and tech development.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

you maybe won't get what you wish for unless someone like 2by3 Games does it, as then i would or could have all, i'd love to see a updated Civil War game with the WITE / West kind of map and scope, on a modern platform, would really do it justice imo, then there are a few i could think of who also could, but we can dream on
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

unless someone like 2by3 Games does it, i'd love to see a updated Civil War game with the WITE / West kind of map and scope, on a modern platform, would really do it justice imo, but we can dream on

To me that would be awesome[:)], I don't think anybody has done a game on that scale about the ACW.. I'd seriously be in the market for it.! The last non-RTS ACW game I bought was "GG's War Between the States", even at that it was a WEGO game, which I was less than thrilled about.. My battle cry is: "HEXES FOREVER..!"...[:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes, must be hexed based, and turn based, not in real time, don't mind if it has online or is solo, me v's the computer, my preferred method of play eg single player always...

has to be large, with plenty of scope, and have the ability and scale to be massive, with as many DLC / battles as they wish to add, on land and sea, with battles being fought in a zoomable style, from single soldier to a full Divisions and Army scale, so the whole range.

supply, roads, forts and River use

Army, Marines and Navy.

Political, Diplomacy, Full supply, blockades, Nationalism and honor, Moral, Prisoners.

and anything else to make it a game to end all games[&o]
operating

Post by operating »

Aaahhh..!! You are a member after my own heart..!![:)]
operating

Post by operating »

Winter is coming to a close and before stoking the fire for the night got to thinking about Anaconda Plan Commander style, perhaps in the manner of that new game: Kriegsmarine
operating

Post by operating »

Spent close to a month in a hospital and rehab from an unexpected illness. While there had an old XP lap top from 2006 brought in to kill time with, it was loaded with games from pre-2008-09. So, what the heck! Started to play some of the games from back then, one of those was Commander: Napoleon At War in Europe. It was then I came to appreciate the giant steps the Commander style games had made since the Napoleon launch and can only wish that Matrix/Slitherine would continue the series to perhaps to the Civil War era. It just seemed to me, the switch over to the Civil War could be done without a lot of new bells and whistles...
operating

Post by operating »

Still have the bug for a Commander Civil War Series... (hint-hint Iain)
operating

Post by operating »

Since there has been an up-tick with American Civil War interests, thought to chime in with a plug for: Commander the Civil War. All devs are Welcome to give it a go...[:)]
operating

Post by operating »

Been awhile since giving a pitch for Commander: The Civil War an IGOUGO hex style game, something where armies/navies actually make contact, fight it out at the player's leisure, not what the AI decides what the outcome should be..
Orm

Post by Orm »

And it felt like such a short time between those pitches. More like a week than two months. I am getting old. Or senile. Probably both. [:(] [:D]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
operating

Post by operating »

We're both getting there...[:)]

Return to “General Discussion”