GD1938 Game 28

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

GD1938 Game 28

Post by ironduke1955 »

January 1938 Germany

A chorus of

"Stille Nacht! Heil'ge Nacht!"

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (304.52 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

cpdeyoung

RE: GD1938 Game 28

Post by cpdeyoung »

10 January 1938

The Soviet Union wishes the workers of the world a happy New Year, however there are signs that this wish will be unfulfilled. The dynamic of so many new and/or dissatisfied nations and the rearmament going on does not bode well.

The Soviet State provides a home for hope, a beacon for the oppressed worker caught in the toils of Capitalism. Look to Moscow for a steadfast friend in troubled times. The Red Army is improving its capabilities to defend the worker's state.

Joseph Stalin
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Game restarted due to error with version 223j new version 223k is now in the folder.

A question asked was how does the game now proceed, answer just the same as before as long as the player who starts game, that being the Germans, uses the newest version that means the the game is set in that version and it does not matter if subsequent players use older versions, the file contains the new game settings.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

The France/UK turn 1 has been deleted by Lordlau1, do we have a USA turn 1 for Nedfn1 ?

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

I'm assuming this game is defunct?!
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Not as far as I know, game was restarted we were waiting for the US player, Lordlau1 played the French/UK turn, no one has dropped to my knowledge, if they have I am sure they will say so.

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Okay, didn't see a turn in there for about a day and wasn't sure. NP and thanks.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Germany February 1938

The Soviets assure Germany that they only want Peace, well so does Germany we bought the ticket.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (256.48 KiB) Viewed 230 times

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

Loaded my T2 for China, put my passoword in, then received a casualty list, then it said I wiped my log book (or something to that effect) and that I might be doing something dubious? It was my first load...and I have zero reason to cheat: China ain't taking over the world. Any wisdom?
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

No wisdom may be a conflict with security software, you have clearly done nothing wrong so no worries. Just ignore the message that's what I do when I read the message.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

This will happen without fail if you are using more than one machine to do your turns. If you have a machine at a vacation home for example, or a laptop and a desktop.

Chuck
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

March 1938 Germany

German intelligence report a attempt at a coup in Roumania by British intelligence, the highly classified photograph shows the British agents in action, Britons top spy (on the left) Cyril Fortiscue Fotherington-Smyth attempting to bedazzle the Romanians with his dancing bear routine, unfortunately the Romanians did not fall for it. And Cyril was shot.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (13.85 KiB) Viewed 230 times

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

May 1938 Germany/Italy

Turkey joins with its ancient foe Italy in a rare show of Mediterranean solidarity, Austria also joins Italy but its true leanings are towards Germany Italy shall honours those aspirations.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

30 May 1938

The USSR cannot allow the Italo-Turkish Fascists to threaten our southern flank. The USSR has declared war on Italy.

The Italian coup was a desperate move to prevent a Soviet friendly Turkish government from solidifying her relationship with the USSR.

Secretary Stalin
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

GB/France

Never mind the war mongering cries of the German; it was a simple mis-understanding in Romania...

Peace is still reigning among the major European powers. There is a new player in Europe, Russia has moved in!

ArmouredLion

Post by ArmouredLion »

The Peoples Army of China has earned it's second big victory over the superior technology of Japanese Imperialist forces with the spilling of a river of blood. The will of the Chinese people has been mobilized, and Japan shall be crushed in the waves of our soldiers. But, how many precious lives will be lost while the world sits idle and watches the atrocities being committed. Will China stand without aid against this barbaric and unwarranted aggression?

Chairman Mao Zedong
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Comrade Mao,

We are brothers in philosophy, but each of us holds the life of a nation in our hands. In the draft you sent us of your speech to be presented in October you write
Chinese Communists must therefore combine patriotism with internationalism. We are at once internationalists and patriots and our slogan is "Fight to defend the Motherland against the aggressors".
Both the Soviet Union and the Chinese Communists must seek the best path forward to safeguard our precious homes of Communism. Actively joining in your battle is the wrong strategy at our stage of development. It would jeopardize our task of protecting the Soviet Union.

You have the will and resources to prevail, as you wrote
We the Chinese nation have the spirit to fight the enemy to the last drop of our blood, the determination to recover our lost territory by our own efforts, and the ability to stand on our own feet in the family of nations (December 27, 1935)
Comrades, be sure we wish you well!

Joseph Stalin
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Italy June 20th 1938

The German embassy have given the Italians the following information stating that the Soviets, have expressed a desire for peace. Its refreshing to find the Germans can be wrong at least in matters of diplomatic assessments. however the obvious conclusion is that the Soviets are sore losers in a race for control of Turkey a race in which Italy was a rank outsider and as it turns out the winner of the race, and contrary to Soviets assertions the most favoured nation from our records in January 1938 was Germany not the Soviet Union, that position alternating from month to month first Germany then the Soviets.

But that is as they say history, first shock for the Soviets is that they are no longer the Big Naval Dog in the Black Sea there is a bigger dog on the lose, one Soviet Capital ship accounted for, the other to follow shortly. Other shocks are shortly to follow.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (41.96 KiB) Viewed 231 times

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

contrary to Soviets assertions the most favoured nation from our records in January 1938 was Germany not the Soviet Union

Great Britain starts as MFN in Turkey. I assume you influenced Turkey with Germany in January 1938. The Soviet Union did also, and at the end of the Soviet turn we had 511+3 and MFN status.

At the end of each turn the USSR was MFN with 617, 724, 831, 940 at respective turn ends.

Germany played a discord card on the USSR in Turkey on the May 30 turn. This left us at 918. The last three influences we tried gained 104, 105, 105 and if we received 105 we would have won Turkey at 1023.

Of course we never got the chance. Our estimate is that Italy had a 11.3666/100 role, and made it. Nice roll.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

[:D]British at the beginning of the month German at the end, no mention of the Soviets. By June we have a two horse race pipped at the post by the nag making a run on the far rails. The Germans are treating this with a more sporting and philosophical outlook tinged with a smidgen of Humour.

Return to “After Action Reports”