aircraft hangar vs hardened shelter

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

orca

aircraft hangar vs hardened shelter

Post by orca »

The damage points for all aircraft hangars is 600. The damage points for all hardened aircraft shelters is 350. Intuitively it would seem like larger hangars would have higher damage points than smaller hangers. And that hardened shelters would have more damage points than hangers. Am I missing something? Maybe some other modifier for the hardened aircraft shelters?
Thanks
dandin384

RE: aircraft hangar vs hardened shelter

Post by dandin384 »

In the database viewer you can see how much, if any, armor a ship, facility,tank, etc has. Non-hardened shelters have no armor. The generic hardened shelter in the database (DB ID# 23) is in the special category, and has armor ranging from 200mm to 500mm.
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Armor can reduce penetration rate, thus discounting the damage output.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: orca

The damage points for all aircraft hangars is 600. The damage points for all hardened aircraft shelters is 350. Intuitively it would seem like larger hangars would have higher damage points than smaller hangers. And that hardened shelters would have more damage points than hangers. Am I missing something? Maybe some other modifier for the hardened aircraft shelters?
Thanks

To add what has said above, hardened shelters are usually smaller than hangars. And thus they have less DP but since they are...well...hardened, they are reasonably well armoured, which can drastically reduce damage vs non-penetrator weapons.

Here is a good example from Australia:

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Michael7619

Post by Michael7619 »

I also was wondering why damage points for hardened shelters were so small compared to hangars. Has the armor ranging 200mm - 500mm been there allways or is it been added recently?

Regards
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

I think it has been there always.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: Michael7619

I also was wondering why damage points for hardened shelters were so small compared to hangars. Has the armor ranging 200mm - 500mm been there allways or is it been added recently?

Regards

Once the bomb has penetrated, destroying everything inside is a pretty small job [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Michael7619

Post by Michael7619 »

Thanks for your answers. I have played the game from almost it's release and somehow have not seen the armor thing.
I use excel to make my scenarios and use damage points in it. Now that i know about armor it does big change to my spreadsheat.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”