First patch ?

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
Gribeauval

First patch ?

Post by Gribeauval »

Hello, when will the first patch of this game be released ?
Do you plan to bring changes to the current engine ?
Regards.
IainMcNeil

RE: First patch ?

Post by IainMcNeil »

I know the team are working on it but i dont have a date.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

We are creating an update for the game that will incorporate many of the suggestions/ changes asked for on this thread. A list of the improvements will include:
* Adding the Generals' names to their tiles
* Generals may now move for free on their own (no action point cost).
* Allowing the player to discard Event Cards
* When a nation's capital is taken, there is a percentage chance that it will surrender every turn that it is occupied. This means that nations will hold out longer and have a better chance to re-capture their capital and to receive help from other nations before surrendering.
* The Freindly Neutral period has been extended from 6 to 9 turns.
• Improved strategic AI on re-taking capitals
• Improved strategic AI for Russia: Being more aggressive in driving more armies into Austria and Prussia
• Improved tactical AI
• Adding a combat bonus for Cavalry vs. Disordered Cavalry. This means that attacking infantry with cavalry is more dangerous if there is enemy cavalry in the same area.
• ‘Passing’ in the advanced battles. When the player ‘passes’, the AI automatically wins initiative for the next move
* The 1800 scenario now lasts until 1815
We will also deal with the identified bugs.
GMoney
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

We expect to have it ready before the end of the month.
GMoney
Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Thanks a lot.
deeter

Post by deeter »

Any chance that using excess generals to boost combat unit's stats will make it into this patch?

Also, thanks to V&G, I've been looking into Hannibal (also brilliant) and see that anyone may make an extended move without the appropriate card with the risk of attrition. That would be a nice feature for V&G

Deeter
jack54

Post by jack54 »

ORIGINAL: deeter

... anyone may make an extended move without the appropriate card with the risk of attrition. That would be a nice feature for V&G

Deeter

I think I would like that very much [:)]
Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)
Lascar

Post by Lascar »

ORIGINAL: deeter

Any chance that using excess generals to boost combat unit's stats will make it into this patch?

Also, thanks to V&G, I've been looking into Hannibal (also brilliant) and see that anyone may make an extended move without the appropriate card with the risk of attrition. That would be a nice feature for V&G

Deeter
Very good ideas. +1
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

We are also planning on a DLC which will contain the Generals being able to be attached to units for a combat bonus, the ability to play as Great Britain/ allies, and a much expanded naval battle module...and more.

GMoney
*Lava*

Post by *Lava* »

ORIGINAL: gdrover
We are also planning on a DLC which will contain the Generals being able to be attached to units for a combat bonus, the ability to play as Great Britain/ allies, and a much expanded naval battle module...and more.

Nice!

Given that you add Allied playability, will that include hotset and PBEM functionality?
YohanTM

Post by YohanTM »

Ah, but will it be 2 player? That would be da bomb!
sage3

Post by sage3 »

I'm throwing money at my screen, but it's not downloading yet. :)
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

ORIGINAL: YohanTM

Ah, but will it be 2 player? That would be da bomb!

It appears completely do-able and we want to do it for the DLC.

GMoney
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

ORIGINAL: sage2

I'm throwing money at my screen, but it's not downloading yet. :)

If you insert your credit card into the cd-rom drive...
[;)]

GMoney
Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

Will you fix the retreat ? It's not very logic to chase an enemy for ever through your own land...
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

Units retreat to an open adjacent region, but cannot retreat to a region from which the attacker came, or one that contains even one enemy unit.
The best way to hunt down an invading army is to trap it and attack it. If it cannot retreat, it is destroyed.
Alternatively, sending an attacking force that is heavy in cavalry will allow you to ride them down as they try to withdraw.

We intentionally programmed the AI to have the British do some things that they did not do historically in order to give the player a better challenge. Historically Britain did not like to commit their small land forces to face larger French armies. This meant that France was free to move East and defeat Austria and Prussia without any real pressure from Britain.
But what if Britain was a better ally (as they were in 1914), and committed their forces to the continent?

GMoney
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

It is released as of today!
GMoney

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”