Garrisons

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Kumppi

Garrisons

Post by Kumppi »

I have read the manual about garrisons and supply, but just want to make sure I got it right.

So both minor and major garrisons are always in supply when in cities, right? Other units (rifle and tank divisions) will not be supplied in the city hex if the city is cutoff?

It says in the manual that Brest-Litowsk always has a major garrison, but I don't see it in my game. Is this something that can change per game?

mekjak

RE: Garrisons

Post by mekjak »

Yeah, as long as they stay in the city they will be supplied even if the city is cut off.

I just started a new game and I also do not have a garrison in Brest. I don't know if the manual is wrong or if it's a bug with the patch.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Kumppi,

Yes only the garrisons will remain in supply.

And yes Brest should have a garrison. Are you sure it aint there? or hasn't been destroyed by german attacks?

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
alex0809

Post by alex0809 »

I thought garrisons are randomly distributed at the start of the game? In my games sometimes there was a garrison in Brest and sometimes not.
IceKing

Post by IceKing »

The tutorial says they are randomly distributed by the soviet player. I personally had a Soviet garrison in Brest in my game, also in Minsk and Odessa that I've seen so far.
Kumppi

Post by Kumppi »

I should have mentioned that I play as the Germans. I haven't conducted any attacks on Brest so at least I haven't destroyed it. Perhaps it has fallen victim to an overeager commissar :)

I did watch those tutorials, but I guess I wasn't paying too much attention. OK so it's random. Good to know. Thanks.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

The Brest garrison, when playing vs. the Soviet AI has a 75% chance of appearing each game. It's done this way to enhance replayability and throw different challenges at the Germans.

If Brest doesn't have a major garrison there will be one elsewhere. Only red dot cities have major garrisons and their chances of having one vary. They represent the fortification of the city as well as the garrison such as was done in Brest, Leningrad, Kiev, Odessa etc.

Probabilities can ensure that you can run into different combinations of garrisoned/not garrisoned cities although the base set-up is centred around the historical outcome.

If you're playing as the Soviets you automatically get a major garrison at the start of the game in Brest.

Siege artillery is your friend when tackling Major garrisons.

Cheers,
Cameron

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”