economy bugged

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Xaerberus

economy bugged

Post by Xaerberus »

Ever since I started playing Distant World vanilla, and in every single version, up until and including Shadows, my current version, my economy in mid/late game would behave very strangely: I would have "Way of the Ancients" government and a 2-5 million credit+ economy. I would set my tax rate on my main worlds to 50%,and after a few game months , in the empire summary screen and in the diplomacy screen and on the top right corner, my actual income would drop with each passing game month. However, if you went on the colonies screen on the planet, the tax rate would show up as the much higher than the actual,theoretically correct, tax income.

I have always wondered why this is ,and I think this is a bug...,
and I would gladly appreciate help with this problem.
Bingeling

RE: economy bugged

Post by Bingeling »

That the empire summary colony revenue does not add up with the revenues of the colony screen have been observed and discussed on the forum. That the income drops like you say are new to me, but I never payed much attention to that.

In early game the colony revenue and empire screen civilian adds up, but after growing a bit they no longer do so.

Return to “The War Room”