Thirty Years’ War Released and Streamed!

Ageod’s Thirty Years War is a new game designed by developer HQ covering one of the darkest ages of European history.
Daniele

Thirty Years’ War Released and Streamed!

Post by Daniele »

“Only the dead have seen the end of war” – Sentence attributed to Plato

1618. The seed of the Protestant Reformation has matured and is now ready to be caught, with blood.

In the foundry of every town, hundreds of new armours are forged; swords are removed from the walls of homes, while soldiers are waiting for their moment, like vultures. Just a spark somewhere and all of Europe will be ignited...

Thirty Years’ War, the long anticipated wargame developed by HQ Studio and brought to life thanks to the AGE Engine, is finally out!

The Thirty Years War period has come to life by request of the community. It won the poll hands down, beating even more popular topics like World War II and it is now reality, thanks to the efforts of the creator of Espana 1936, a surprise hit two years ago.

In Thirty Years’ War you have to adapt to the countless situations now emerging by new alliances and war innovations. Commanders and leaders of that time – each one with their own personalities – have a number of abilities defined which makes them unique!

Historical events are triggered during the game, forcing you to deal with their consequences and impacts on the gameplay. These cover anything from local uprising to foreign intervention.

With Thirty Years’s War your soul will be put to test: will you be able to preserve the integrity of your people while the World around you is falling apart?

Grab the game here!

To better show the features of the game we will stream it today on our Official Twitch Channel at 20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EDT!

And if you are too impatient to wait for the stream, here you can watch a 13 minutes Primer Preview Video made by Pewpewchewchew!
meisterchow

RE: Thirty Years’ War Released and Streamed!

Post by meisterchow »

Will this get released on Steam? (I'm superexcited to play!!!)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms Motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
dobrodukh

Post by dobrodukh »

Join the question!
warexe.ru
Website of the wargames
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Is this Civil War II with different uniforms? (Love Civil War II, but don't want to have a duplicate game with just cosmetic differences).
henri51

Post by henri51 »

The game is on steam.

(edit): I thought I saw it on Steam, but apparently I was wrong.Although I have about 50 games bought from Matrixgames, I also have as many on Steam (some of which I paid for again). I prefer the Steam platform, because patches are automatic and you can erase games and reinstall them at will with no need to find passwords.

For example, I have the game Achtung Panzer: operation star, but I erased it some time ago to free up some space, and now I can't find the download, the name of the game has changed, and patches don't work on the backup I made on a DVD.I will probably have to buy it again on Steam if I want the new scenarios.Have you ever tried to find an order number for a game you bought 5 years ago?
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Not yet it's not.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
dobrodukh

Post by dobrodukh »

ORIGINAL: henri51

The game is on steam.
Thirty Years’ War

Where have you hidden the game in Steam? Confess! [:)]
warexe.ru
Website of the wargames
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we don't have plans to release on Steam right now. It may well come at some later date and if it does you'll be able to get a Steam key for free if you have our version.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
dobrodukh

Post by dobrodukh »

Thanks Iain, we'll wait.
warexe.ru
Website of the wargames
ashandresash

Post by ashandresash »

ORIGINAL: VegasOZ

Is this Civil War II with different uniforms? (Love Civil War II, but don't want to have a duplicate game with just cosmetic differences).

Though similarities are obvious (features, mechanics, graphical look, UI...) I find its gameplay different. As you're using less troops, with a "column" logic (rather than chain-of-command armies) it's more like playing classical Ageod games (like Wars in America, even Rise of Prussia), where manouvres are way more important than holding fronts and building a huge army ready for a sustained offensive.

You also have different (and detailed) scenarios, the intervention of another countries introduces a more disruptive logic than the more linear in CWII...

Also, production is not as importan as in CWII, so you're looking for events, decisions and diplomacy to strenght your side.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

A little question the game price has a release discount???

Thanks.
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

As far as i know no.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Seytan

Post by Seytan »

Like to see this on Steam please.

Return to “Thirty Years' War”