Stock GC Scenario OOB

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dante Fierro

Stock GC Scenario OOB

Post by Dante Fierro »

Curious. Has anyone posted on the forums a table or spreadsheet of the Grand Campaign listing(in general) the number of ships and ship types each side has at game start, and the general expected reinforcements throughout the game?

I realize this table would be a bit fudgy for later reinforcements, as some units need to be released via PP expenditures, and there are other Production factors involved etc.

But it seems like some kind of table or spreadsheet would be helpful, if someone has not already done one.

jmalter

RE: Stock GC Scenario OOB

Post by jmalter »

With Tracker, you could start any scenario, load Tracker, then use its built-in "Export CSV" function to save any of the datasets (with or w/o your applied filters) to a *.csv (comma-separated values) file. Open the csv in Excel, Save As *.xls - you're good to go.
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

With Tracker, you could start any scenario, load Tracker, then use its built-in "Export CSV" function to save any of the datasets (with or w/o your applied filters) to a *.csv (comma-separated values) file. Open the csv in Excel, Save As *.xls - you're good to go.
Thanks jmalter. I haven't worked a lot with Tracker yet but this sounds like it will be a very useful function.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

ORIGINAL: jmalter

Thanks jmalter. I haven't worked a lot with Tracker yet but this sounds like it will be a very useful function.

It's already in Tracker more or less.

Summary pull-down, Naval tab.
The Moose
gregormendel

Post by gregormendel »

Yea, I'm downloading the tracker as we speak. As a JFB I wish I had never come across this post in Roghain's "Starting out - drowning vs swimming" thread. Would have saved me so much time.

ORIGINAL: Symon

Also welcome.

My advice is to ignore all the calls for using this after-market program, or that one, or setting up your pilot training in a specific way, or what have you.

All these people have been immersed in the game for years and have their own proclivities and require certain programs/activities to make their system work. They think it makes life easier, and it might for them, but it won’t for you, unless and until you get to their experience level, and perhaps not even then. Many forumites will say you MUST load this or MUST do that, but it only works in “their” game world. I have never done any of that and have not found it limiting.

I am one of the original developers of WiTPAE. I have been modding and playing the title since WiTP (2005). Neither I nor any Babes team member has ever loaded Tracker. None of us has ever used the TRACOM capability. None of this has affected our play or impacted playability in any way shape or form. Our scenarios are used and played by several US Military organizations, on an as-is basis.

My best advice is play out some turns using the standard (no click, no bullshit) system. Run it out for several months and see what you get. And then do it again. Then, and ONLY then, will you be able to judge what the forum people demand you do (often cleaved from game reality).

Do not begin with ‘on the edge’ nonsense. Begin with the game as it was designed to be played. Soon enough, the forum folks will drag you into their particular banhiero. But before they do, learn the system; not the cheats.

I like your cat.

Ciao. JWE

leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

ugh, yes, its a game to be enjoyed. Tracker helps a lot. So do any other functions. One of the many joys to me of the game is to make the strategic and tactical moves and let the computer help you with the nuts and bolts logistics as much as possible!
John 21:25

Return to “The War Room”