change counters

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

strumdiv

change counters

Post by strumdiv »

I would like to change out the current counters for war in the east with picture I have found from other games.
can some one please give me info on how to do this? thanks for the help
RedLancer

RE: change counters

Post by RedLancer »

There are 6 CounterNxN.tga files that cover the zoom levels. They are located in the Dat/Art/Units folder. They need to have an alpha mask embedded.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
strumdiv

Post by strumdiv »

thank you for the response and my lack of tech savy but were do I get a alpha mask at?
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

If you have changed the outline of any item you'll need a new alpha mask. In a tga file the mask is already embedded in the file. I presume you know what the mask is/does. Delete the current mask, select all the items and then save selection to alpha channel.

When you create your new counters notice that in each of the files the elements that make up the counters are all broken down. In rows from the top - Counter, Type, Unit Size and Soft Factors. They need to be in the right spot or the game will not build the elements correctly. To get them lined up the boxes in which elements sit are defined by pixel. So in 76x76 if you set the art programme grid to 76x76 things make sense. Be warned at the lower zoom levels you have only a handful of pixels to play with.

All I would say is that it is very easy when you know how.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”