Can't be modded?

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Richie61

Can't be modded?

Post by Richie61 »

Is it safe to say that either titles can't be modded?

Meaning the units can't be changes or adjusted?
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

zakblood

RE: Can't be modded?

Post by zakblood »

no, all units can be changed, as long as you know how, same games for movement, damage done, almost anything tbh, but no editor as such so it's a hands on file stuff, so you need to back up and prepare for some reinstalls a few times while you find what works and what doesn't, and no i'm not doing a guide on it, just edit away[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

How so. I see not folder with images to edit or change? What program did you use?
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah images then not at the moment anyway, but unit types and damage then yes, just alter you're saves, then you can alter what's on the map and what isn't in any given battle...

apart from that i also have no idea as atm only just editing stuff and learning myself...

i use oXygen XML Editor, but there's plenty of free ones out there.

try out XML Copy Editor as it's free and will edit all the stuff you need, the save game is hidden mind you so you will have to first unhide it and then back it up before you edit it...

good luck

so rename any unit in any position to any other unit, altering its values as shown to anything you like, to high and the game crashes mind you, plus you can edit both sides and other stuff like mines and bunkers etc
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (109.67 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Ah! The old XML format. Too bad. I was hoping it was like Panzer Corps or Unity of Command. I like to play around with mods as much as I like playing the games.
Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 is the same too. No modding of the images [:(]

Thanks for the fast replies!

Sun Tzu

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no i guess you wont have that level of input as panzer corps, but it's not the size either or price, in fact most stuff seems to be hard coded into it, so not the easiest to mod either for other stuff like extra missions etc if even at all

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”