Strat bombing campaign

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

alexvand

Strat bombing campaign

Post by alexvand »

As the Allies I've always been distracted by too many shiny toys and other things to do to properly put together a real Strat bombing campaign. I've often just built one or two 4 cost LND just to keep the Germans honest, but that's it.

So this time through I decided on a rule. As the CW and USA I would build one 4 cost LND every turn as long as they were in the force pool.

So far I've been quite amazed by the amount of damage they can do. (To bad I'm not playing with factory destruction, it would be even worse!)

It's early 1942 and England is sinking under at least 10 LND plus 3 or so long range fighters. (All CW, the US contingent is on its way, they only just entered the war.) Plus Alexander to reorg some air as needed.

But I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. How should the allies go about running an effective Strat campaign?
composer99

RE: Strat bombing campaign

Post by composer99 »

That sounds about right - the key to a successful Allied strategic bombing campaign is getting a good-sized mass of bombers and raiding with them consistently. Anything from 12-24 bombers should produce satisfactory results over the course of the game.
~ Composer99
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: alex_van_d

But I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. How should the allies go about running an effective Strat campaign?
Don't play with the Variable Re-org option, and have at least Alexander re-org the best 4 CW bombers after taking an Air action.
Paul
michaelbaldur

Post by michaelbaldur »

I only use CW bomber in Europa, the American heavy bombers have a good range against Japan

the American Lnd3 have a rubbish Range, and are useless against Japan
the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com
gravyhair

Post by gravyhair »

sorry - wrong thread
Wise Men Still Seek Him

Return to “World in Flames”