Bombardment effects needs a nerf.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

ASHBERY76

Bombardment effects needs a nerf.

Post by ASHBERY76 »

It is far to easy to wipe out a colonies troops and even characters with this weapon.It needs toning down a great deal.

Tehlongone

RE: Bombardment effects needs a nerf.

Post by Tehlongone »

I agree that it should be made slower, but I don't see why wiping out colonies should be prevented. Sufficient bombardment kills all.

My main annoyance is how fast the planet recovers from such a serious thing and even worse how fast it's forgiven. It should be seen as an atrocity that isn't forgiven at the same speed as regular treachery.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

Have you tried planetary shields for defense?
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

ORIGINAL: Shogouki
Have you tried planetary shields for defense?
I seriously doubt that ASHBERY76 and Tehlongone are complaining about the effectiveness of planetary bombardment against their own planets, and are far more concerned about its effectiveness against the computer. More than likely, both of them are well aware of the Planetary Shield Generator and how effective it is against standard bombardment and raiding.

The computer, from what I've seen with automated facility construction, seems to place a rather low priority on Planetary Shields, and tends to favor Fortified Bunkers as its defensive installation of choice instead. Needless to say, bunkers are significantly less effective at protecting against planetary bombardment than planetary shield generators are.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”