Depot Disband

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

dazkaz15

Depot Disband

Post by dazkaz15 »

Unfortunately I have found another game breaking bug to do with supply.

I'm fairly sure I know what is happening though, to cause it.

To honour the requests for supply, manpower is subtracted from the base to represent the men that are actually out conducting the supply runs.

If the manpower left at the base becomes to low, due to most of its manpower out delivering supply, then the game thinks that the base has reached critical staffing levels, and disbands it, just as it would a unit that has been in combat, and lost most of its me.

There needs to be an exception put into the code to account for the men out on deliveries, when flagged for disbanding!

In the image you can see the staffing levels at the start of the scenario, at D1, 12:10, and a screenshot when it is disbanded a few minutes later at D1, 12:23.
Ill send a save to Dave via email.

Attachments
CotCDepotbug.jpg
CotCDepotbug.jpg (577.06 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Phoenix100

RE: Depot Disband

Post by Phoenix100 »

Oh dear. That is pretty bad. Hope that can be hotfixed without too much fuss.

This one might be new, because it certainly didn't happen when I played this scenario a few years back. But the nature of this bug must mean it happens pretty often since it's surely quite common that a Div base would dispatch most of its men in this way?

Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I've looked into it a little. I think it's the way supply is handled in these horse and pony armies that is confusing things. So I just played Race to Bastogne and this never happened there, despite the bases being stretched. Reason? The ratio of manpower to transport units was better. At least I think that's what's going on. Your Greek base is reliant on Shank's Pony, basically. There's 500 manpacks of a compliment of 1,000 men. Plus the carts. I guess each cart might take 2 men, then there's all those 'manpacks' - meaning all the manpower is out delivering, triggering the bug. Whereas in more motorised armies there might be 500 men needed to man all the trucks and 500 left at the base.

You could do a quick fix/workaround by doubling the number of men in the Greek bases, I guess, using the estab editor. I don't know how to do that, and you would have to do it for every base, just about. Maybe for the Italians too, depending on the make-up of their base transport. But it needs fixing, as you say.

If this is correct, however, it's probable that you won't run into the issue with ordinary BFTB scenarios. Even airborne units might be vulnerable. But I just checked a Brit AB div base, for example, and see that it has 550 men and 50 jeeps. So, max 100 of those 550 out and about even if all the jeeps are busy. Doubling the manpower for Greek bases in the estab editor will fix it, I think. I have tried doing that, but it doesn't seem to work. I change the number and save, then compile the estab, but still the new number doesn't carry over into the scenario when I run it.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

A workaround for it, Daz. Very easy to implement, though you would have to start again, now. See: tm.asp?m=3692093

Return to “Tech Support”