[0.7.13] Confusing Short Term Objectives

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

stilicho410

[0.7.13] Confusing Short Term Objectives

Post by stilicho410 »

- The two Short Term objectives I was giving at the start of 1967 were a bit confusing.
-- I had two different names, "Sample Collector 1", which would seem to indicate the Luna 15 mission, and "A small step.. for the probes", which would seem to indicate a Surveyor mission.
-- However, the descriptions for both are identical, "Soft Landing on the Surface of the Moon", which would seem to be satified by a Surveyor Mission.
-- So, do I need to do a Luna 15 or not?

- I'm enjoying the new short term goals, but it seems odd that they're always due on the third season of the final year of the current budget period, rather than the fourth season . Is this a holdover from earlier versions where there was 3 seasons a year?

Attachments
TwoSoftLandings.jpg
TwoSoftLandings.jpg (137.37 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Thanks,
Stilicho
CowboyRonin

RE: [0.7.13] Confusing Short Term Objectives

Post by CowboyRonin »

These questions have been logged and sent to the developers.
Matrix forum liaison to Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager team
WitW/WitE2 Alpha tester
stilicho410

Post by stilicho410 »

I continued my game tonight, and found that a successful Surveyor Mission satisified both short term objectives.

So despite its name, objective "Sample Collector 1" appears to be redundant to "A Small Step for the Probes".
Thanks,
Stilicho
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello stilicho,

Thanks for reporting this.
ORIGINAL: stilicho410

- The two Short Term objectives I was giving at the start of 1967 were a bit confusing.
-- I had two different names, "Sample Collector 1", which would seem to indicate the Luna 15 mission, and "A small step.. for the probes", which would seem to indicate a Surveyor mission.
-- However, the descriptions for both are identical, "Soft Landing on the Surface of the Moon", which would seem to be satified by a Surveyor Mission.
-- So, do I need to do a Luna 15 or not?

This was me being silly when writing the code for those short-term campaign objectives. I've fixed it now. "Sample Collector I" now requires completing the '02_RETRIEVAL_SAMPLE' goal.
ORIGINAL: stilicho410
- I'm enjoying the new short term goals, but it seems odd that they're always due on the third season of the final year of the current budget period, rather than the fourth season . Is this a holdover from earlier versions where there was 3 seasons a year?

I'm not sure why did I set the deadline to the third season. I'll change it to season 4 for now, although we'll refine that at a later stage so that goals do not always in the last season from the last year of the budget period. That will make things more exciting [;)]

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
stilicho410

Post by stilicho410 »

Hey Nacho, thanks for the reply!

BTW, now that the roadmap includes U.S./Soviet options, we'll likely need checks to prevent short term objectives being assigned to a faction that has no program to handle it. Lunar retrieval sample for the U.S., for instance.
Thanks,
Stilicho

Return to “Tech Support”