Basic Q about Rumanian front in June 41

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

jwolf

Basic Q about Rumanian front in June 41

Post by jwolf »

I have very little experience playing the Soviet side. I have just started a Soviet 41 campaign against the AI. During the first turn, most Soviet units along the Rumanian border are frozen (as I know the Axis units are on the other side). But I had one mech corps of 3 divisions free to move, which I used to plug some holes in the line. Now in turn 2, however, those units have zero movement points. Are they now locked in place until the Rumanians and the German 11th army attack?
loki100

RE: Basic Q about Rumanian front in June 41

Post by loki100 »

I'd suspect you've moved them into the zone where Soviet units are locked (the restrictions are geographic not OOB based). You can make the same mistake if you send fresh units up to protect the area north of L Ladoga from the Finns - make sure you can move them to their final destination before sending them north of Leningrad or they will just lock in their last hex
jwolf

RE: Basic Q about Rumanian front in June 41

Post by jwolf »

Thanks, that makes sense.  I was wondering if it was something like that.  It's odd that the restriction is geographic rather than OOB as you said.  Against the AI, I'm not worried about occasional blunders like this.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”