US DoW bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Droop21

US DoW bug

Post by Droop21 »

For some reason I ignore, I ended up with a Soviet division in Greenland (face down and out of supply). If Germany/Italy go at war with the USA, this implements the US occupy Iceland & Greenland. This leads to the need to redeploy this infantry division which cannot happen => game blocked.
Does anybody know how to relocate (or destroy) that division to enable US to enter total war
AxelNL

RE: US DoW bug

Post by AxelNL »

ORIGINAL: Droop

For some reason I ignore, I ended up with a Soviet division in Greenland (face down and out of supply). If Germany/Italy go at war with the USA, this implements the US occupy Iceland & Greenland. This leads to the need to redeploy this infantry division which cannot happen => game blocked.
Does anybody know how to relocate (or destroy) that division to enable US to enter total war

can you upload a gamesave? If you have a lot of time invested I can see if I can help you.
This particular bug is a rare one, I for sure would not have thought to created the circumstances to test this. It will probably not happen that much, I would dare to forecast.
Droop21

Post by Droop21 »

Sure, where do you want me to upload it ? I can upload 2: the Axis declaration of war (so you can recreate the bug immediately) and the Allied (to find the Soviet division which landed in 0,0)
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Sure, where do you want me to upload it ? I can upload 2: the Axis declaration of war (so you can recreate the bug immediately) and the Allied (to find the Soviet division which landed in 0,0)

If you can zip them you can upload them here in the forum by using the upload functionality you see at the bottom of your window when typing in a message.
Might be later this evening CET, am currently on iPad.

Cheers,

Lex
Droop21

Post by Droop21 »

Here you go file 1
Attachments
DeclareWa..rPowers.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Droop21

Post by Droop21 »

Here you go file 2
Attachments
LandMovement.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Here you go file 2

This one I couldn't load in my debug version of 1.06
Program told me so and immediatly MadExcepted. Must be something wrong with it.
AxelNL

Post by AxelNL »

Here you go file 1
This one I could load. I could not move the unit, and had to relocate it to the force pool. Saving worked, and I could reload. File structure is somewhat damaged, I fear, as after exiting the reload I had a MadExcept.

But for now you hopefully can continue your experiment (interesting tide of things in China!). I hope it loads, I had to use a debug version of 1.06 (can't tell you more - otherwise I get shot).

Cheers,

Lex
Attachments
DeclareWa..Powers2.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Droop21

Post by Droop21 »

Thanks [:)]
It's the first time a play strongly in the Asian front (only played Germany, SU and UK in WiFFE), so China is an new territory, especially with a larger map, hence the interesting situation

Return to “Tech Support”