Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rocko911

Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game

Post by Rocko911 »

I am looking for a realistic squad based ww2 game for the pc. It should have good graphics and above all not be unrealistic. I would prefer something showing individual men in the squad. Something 3d would be preferred. I already have Squad Battles via HPS. Thanks
junk2drive

RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game

Post by junk2drive »

Combat Mission is the only one.

Have faith that others will recommend shooters and real time.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Jagged Alliance serie, available from Good Old Games. Not WW2 era, but still excellent. Winning title of the serie is Jagged Alliance 2 with unofficial fan made v1.13 patch/mod
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

He stated turn based in his title otherwise I would highly recommend Achtung Panzer: Op Star. There is an ambiance and realistic feel that CM just cannot replicate. It's clunky at first no doubt, especially the patching process, but the size and scope of the campaigns are unrivaled. CM does handle infantry better though.

I can't think of a single turn based game that tracks individual troops though. They are always exclusively breakdown valued.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

There is a game, I forgot the name, in 3D with good graphics you lead a US-army 4-men fireteam. Each member was controlled individually. I never played it myself, just saw it at a friend.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: LRRP

I am looking for a realistic squad based ww2 game for the pc. It should have good graphics and above all not be unrealistic. I would prefer something showing individual men in the squad. Something 3d would be preferred. I already have Squad Battles via HPS. Thanks

I'd check out Panzer Command Ostfront. There is a demo you can try to see if it's what you're looking for. It's 3D turnbased wego system.

Rick
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

What about Battle Academy?

[edit]
Rick, is your last name Raisley?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

stick with Squad battles.....[;)]
Kineas

Post by Kineas »

Combat Mission (the CMx1 series), maybe the new series (CMx2) or Panzer Command:Ostfront.
Rocko911

Post by Rocko911 »

thanks to all
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

ORIGINAL: Sarge

stick with Squad battles.....[;)]

I love Squad battles, unfortunately I can't get it to run on win7[:(]
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

What about Steel Panthers?

Return to “General Discussion”