Bought BiN-Crashed At First Try

Battles In Normandy is the third game in the Decisive Battles game series. Battles in Normandy recreates all aspects of the Normandy campaign, from the landings on the first day to the final climax of the campaign at Falaise. Strategic Studies Group rewrote the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Normandy with a host of new special rules for amphibious and airborne operations, plus a huge number of other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

frasertyx

Bought BiN-Crashed At First Try

Post by frasertyx »

Hello,
I just purchased Battles in Normandy through digital download. Everything seemed to be fine until I attempted to start my first scenario, and then the game crashed. I have been unable to play the game. How do I fix this crash?
Thanks
Andrew
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

RE: Bought BiN-Crashed At First Try

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Did you have any luck getting this game to work?
akapuno

Post by akapuno »

I too, bought this game just today (sale).

I tried running my first scenario and it CTD.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i5,8 Gb RAM.

It also seems to me that some additional screen resolutions need to be added so people with widescreens can enjoy the game in their native resolution.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I was going to get it,but if it wont work fuck it
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Well, it seems this game either needs some updating or, failing that, taken off the shelf.

It is a pity, because I have always enjoyed the battles in this game (all of the decisive battle games really), but since I still run XP, I have no issues. Make sure you contact Matrix and if they cannot help you, organise a refund.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I haven't played BiN since moving to Win &, but I just fired up Battles in Italy and it is running on my laptop under Win 7 Home premium 64 bit.

You might also check over at the SSG site to see if anyone there has some suggestions.

rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rick

I haven't played BiN since moving to Win &, but I just fired up Battles in Italy and it is running on my laptop under Win 7 Home premium 64 bit.

You might also check over at the SSG site to see if anyone there has some suggestions.

rick

I just finished installing BiN on my Desktop and it is running fine under Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy”