forming Soviet Guards units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

von Runstedt

forming Soviet Guards units

Post by von Runstedt »

I was wondering how to form and upgrade divisions/hqs to guard status, It isnt very clear in the manual to me
Liam Bobyak
Aurelian

RE: forming Soviet Guards units

Post by Aurelian »

Your divisions/HQs have to win a lot of battles.

IIRC, you can make a Guards division with two Guard and 1 rifle brigade. (Can make Guards Corps with a mix of Guard/non guard.)

You can build a Guards Rifle Division with 3 Airborne brigades in 3/42, or a Guards Airborne Div in Jan 43.

But if you want to turn say the 41st Rifle Division of the 33rd Army into a Guards unit, it's needs to win battles. And when the 33rd Army gets enough wins, it becomes a Guards Army.

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
von Runstedt

Post by von Runstedt »

I understand that they need to win in order to be eligible but how do they become guards units? do they automatically become Guards units or do you have to select them?
Liam Bobyak
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: von Runstedt

I understand that they need to win in order to be eligible but how do they become guards units? do they automatically become Guards units or do you have to select them?

It's automatic.

I've noticed in the games I've played that it's always the 40th Army that becomes a Guards Army first.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.

Return to “The War Room”