Working on transition hex graphics

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

BigDuke66

Working on transition hex graphics

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hi
Currently I'm working on making the transition hex graphics much smaller so that it is clear what terrain is in a hex, just like it's in the first DC.

Have already made the graphics from the DC folder, now I wanted to start on the files from DC2BIG but wonder why each hex graphic on the big file is also available on single file, are those single files really needed?

Also some folder under DC2BIG & DC2SMALL have sometimes no big file and sometimes no single files, would be nice if someone could tell me whats up here.
Vic

RE: Working on transition hex graphics

Post by Vic »

Check the landscapetype in question in the editor to see if it uses 64 seperate graphic files (for small,normal and big) or a spritesheet. Most use spritesheets. I think water is the only exception.

There might be some seperate sprites shipped with the game that are not actually used.

Other thing that might help you is going to general settings -> export text logfiles and then checking the presentscenariographics.txt in the log directory.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Thanks but in the editor and in the log file it is always pointing to the DC folder what is the medium zoom level.
Can I assume that when a spritesheets is used there it's also used on BIG & SMALL zoom levels?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Yes the exact same file path is looked for in DC2BIG and DC2SMALL directories.

If graphics would be missing by any chance they would be auto-generated again from the base file name (medium size).

hope this helps.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Yea thanks, mod is done:
tm.asp?m=3326914
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

could you pls post some screens?
BigDuke66

Post by BigDuke66 »

Posted one there, best you compare that one to your stock graphics as my game is already filled with pieces of other mods you should only watch for the difference in transition.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”