Impossible withdrawn air group

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

paolorossi

Impossible withdrawn air group

Post by paolorossi »

Dear all,

I'm playing grand campaign as Allies vs AI. I have 47th BG (B-18A Bolo) in Eastern USA (I moved them on Eastern USA on day 1) which must be withdrawn in 11 days (it's 4th january 1942) and I have the script "withdrawn by 15 january" on top is coloured in red and the comand button withdrawn is not working
What can I do and what could be the reason?
Many thanks for your support
Paolo
msieving1

RE: Impossible withdrawn air group

Post by msieving1 »

Disband the group. Ordinarily, withdrawing a group sets it to return in 60-90 days. Some groups don't come back, so they can't be withdrawn. But you can still disband the group.
-- Mark Sieving
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Stop! If the pilots are well trained get them out of the squadron, put them in reserve or you'll never get them back. I'm not sure about the commander, but switch him with some lousy bum before you disband.

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Stop! If the pilots are well trained get them out of the squadron, put them in reserve or you'll never get them back. I'm not sure about the commander, but switch him with some lousy bum before you disband.

As a matter of interest when did this ability come into the game. I sure that when AE first came out you could not do this.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

As a matter of interest when did this ability come into the game. I sure that when AE first came out you could not do this.

Are you saying there was a time you couldn't send pilots to the general reserve? Or are you saying there was a deadline preceding the withdrawal date where you couldn't?

paolorossi

Post by paolorossi »

Many thanks for your answers
so I have to disband
As regards the pilots, all these groups are with 1 pilot only (commander) and I can't put it in reserve except than chosing another commander using PP
Having to disband then it is better if I disband them at the very last moment, right?
Many thanks to all of you
Paolo
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

If group was set to withdraw, but has no return date and withdrawal option, it means unit was sent to another theater (Europe). It means that unit never fought in Pacific. They can be used to train pilots etc.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

ciao Paolo,

it is better, to fill these groups with pilots & keep them training 100% until the day before the req'd withdrawal - on that day, transfer their pilots to your Reserve Pool, then withdraw/disband the airgroup.

many high-value ships are required to withdraw on/before certain dates, if you are late for a scheduled withdrawal, there is a heavy PP penalty for every day they are late. you can transfer their float-planes and carrier-planes to a land base before withdrawing the ships. there is no penalty for doing this, you can use these airgroups for training, and add them to arriving ships that don't have any planes.

there are many LCUs that are required to withdraw, they will withdraw automatically on the scheduled date (unless they are embarked on a Transport TF). You should be careful to allow no upgrades to these LCUs, and to limit their reinforcements. Some of them have the note "out of theater" added to the blue 'withdraw' text - these units will not return their devices to the pools when they leave, so you don't want to waste reinf/upgr on them.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Are you saying there was a time you couldn't send pilots to the general reserve? Or are you saying there was a deadline preceding the withdrawal date where you couldn't?

When the ability to swap pilots from units that were being permanently withdrawn.

Return to “Tech Support”