Mostly OT...Actually totally OT

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JeffroK

Mostly OT...Actually totally OT

Post by JeffroK »

A poll found this the world's funniest joke.
Though members of the NRA might think it factual.

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

by

Terence Alan Patrick Seán "Spike" Milligan KBE
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Chickenboy

RE: Mostly OT...Actually totally OT

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: JeffK

A poll found this the world's funniest joke.
Though members of the NRA might think it factual.

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?"

by

Terence Alan Patrick Seán "Spike" Milligan KBE

An oldie but a goodie.

Your OT 'jokes' might be funnier if you avoided the tempting political slam too. Many forum members here are NRA members and don't need the needling in this anti-gun political climate, Jeff. Particularly from a foreign national.
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Your OT 'jokes' might be funnier if you avoided the tempting political slam too. Many forum members here are NRA members and don't need the needling in this anti-gun political climate, Jeff. Particularly from a foreign national.
+1
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

I'll do a +2, though I'm not an NRA member. It is a great joke until you add the "shot." It stirs up bad things.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

+1 Also, would everyone stop making gorn jokes? I'm very sensitive.

tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Oh no a sensitive Gorn.

Did you hear the one about the Gorn's first attempt to study their sun? Well the biggest problem was beating the heat generated by the sun so they launched at night.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

It's a pretty old joke, but a good one.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Hey, Gents, I'm pretty sure that was deterimined to be the second funniest joke by some British study last year (seriously). If memory serves, the funniest joke was this one (again, this is serious):

A lady traveling on a bus becomes upset when another passenger tells her she has the ugliest baby he's ever seen.

Incensed, she stomps to the front and asks the driver to stop the bus and let her off.

"I can see how insulting that is," the driver replies sympathetically. "Why don't you let me hold your monkey while you go back and tell him off."
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
casmithasl

Post by casmithasl »

I find nothing funny in the original "joke".
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

You don't? The original joke is pretty doggone funny IMO.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

On behalf of dead hunters , NRA members, and ugly babies that look like monkies, I am offended! So there! [:D]
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Government is buying hand gun ammo making it hard to come by which is kind of a back door gun control and a waste of taxpayer dollars. No one has ever accused either side of the aisle as being responsible with taxpayer dollars though....[:@]
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Hey, Gents, I'm pretty sure that was deterimined to be the second funniest joke by some British study last year (seriously). If memory serves, the funniest joke was this one (again, this is serious):

A lady traveling on a bus becomes upset when another passenger tells her she has the ugliest baby he's ever seen.

Incensed, she stomps to the front and asks the driver to stop the bus and let her off.

"I can see how insulting that is," the driver replies sympathetically. "Why don't you let me hold your monkey while you go back and tell him off."

I like the one about tennis shoes and outrunning bears more.

Also snakebite and "He says you're gonna die."
The Moose
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

On behalf of dead hunters , NRA members, and ugly babies that look like monkies, I am offended! So there! [:D]

Who are you calling an ugly baby that looks like a monkey? I'm not even a primate.[:-]

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

"And there are ten stuffed heads in my trophy room right now,
Two game wardens, seven hunters, & a pure-bred Guernsey cow!"
- Tom Lehrer
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

The site i looked at had the Milligan joke first (and it was an oldie, based on a 1951 Goon Shoow scipt) and the monkey joke second.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”