CHINESE CIVIL WAR 1946-1949 OOB's

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

lion_of_judah

CHINESE CIVIL WAR 1946-1949 OOB's

Post by lion_of_judah »

I'm trying to locate OOB information for both the Nationalist and CPC forces during the Chinese civil war from 1946-1949. Also any information on Soviet involvement via providing arms and volunteers who flew fighter planes for the communists. What I have found so far is OOB information for the Nationalist Chinese in 1941 and not much on the CPC forces, thanks
lion_of_judah

RE: CHINESE CIVIL WAR 1946-1949 OOB's

Post by lion_of_judah »

I have also found some information which does tell of a air force for the CPC, that was mainly flown by Soviet pilots before communist pilots were ready. What I don't know is how many fighters the CPC had and this is also what I'm needing. You would think that there would be a ton of information regarding this part of history but I'm having a heck of a time finding information.
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

I was hoping somebody here might be able to help him out on the OOB data. From what I have seen online and my own books I find more political or general references to the communists and nationalists.

But as they say,"timing is everything" and with the final patch 4 release,Cota expansion packs coming out and panthers servers getting messed with it might take awhile.
wosung

Post by wosung »

As far I know, there's no in-deep info of PLA OOB in Western languages for WW2 and Civil war. Arguably, OOB's in Chinese often are exaggerated and unit formations are mislabelled for political reasons. There's a lot of FOW.

Best regards
wosung
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

I'm trying to locate OOB information for both the Nationalist and CPC forces during the Chinese civil war from 1946-1949. Also any information on Soviet involvement via providing arms and volunteers who flew fighter planes for the communists. What I have found so far is OOB information for the Nationalist Chinese in 1941 and not much on the CPC forces, thanks

Considering the two sides took a break from fighting with each other to cooperate in throwing the Japanese out of China between 1937 and 1945 only to resume the contest once the Japanese were defeated, the CPC OOB shouldn't be too different from that near the end of World War II.

The Nafziger Collection includes a book on the Chinese OOB during World War II offered for sale at $19.95 ( http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/WW2_ARMY.HTM ). The review mentioned there was some information on Communist forces included in that volume.

The US Army Combined Arms Research Library ( CARL - http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/nafziger.asp ) indicates it has PDFs of the full collection on line.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that Nafziger published any data on post World War II armies.

But, comparing the World War II data to the OOB information that might be culled from the Chinese intervention in Korea would show whether there was a transition of equipment or organization during the 1946-9 civil war period.

Wikipedia has some high level Chinese command structure information from the Korean War.

Hope this helps.
Take care,

jim

Return to “Command Ops Series”