Chinese OOB Question. Mixing WiF with WitP:AE

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

traskott

Chinese OOB Question. Mixing WiF with WitP:AE

Post by traskott »

I'm the proud owner of a World In Flames full setbox and in the Chinese Land OOB I can see clearly a chit of mechanized infantry. How is it represented on the Witp AE ?
Terminus

RE: Chinese OOB Question. Mixing WiF with WitP:AE

Post by Terminus »

NM.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
traskott

Post by traskott »

Nm???
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

I put it in to Google Translate Danish to English and it comes out NM.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Could be No Matter.

It is quite easy to look over the entire Chinese OOB in AE and see whether there is such a unit in the OOB. Of course the point is that there is no such creature as Mechanised Infantry in AE.

Alfred
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

NM ? Never Mind ??

Check Cid's posts, there was a pre IRL WITP Chinese Mechanised Division, I doubt that by 12/41 it had the eqipment to be called a mechanised unit any more (Maybe compared to your average Chinese Div it was )

PS, How do you put any credence in the OOB in World in Flames, they openly admit it has fictional units and titles.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: JeffK

NM ? Never Mind ??

Check Cid's posts, there was a pre IRL WITP Chinese Mechanised Division, I doubt that by 12/41 it had the eqipment to be called a mechanised unit any more (Maybe compared to your average Chinese Div it was )

PS, How do you put any credence in the OOB in World in Flames, they openly admit it has fictional units and titles.
warspite1

traskott, WIF is a strategic level WWII game. It is NOT WITPAE in terms of OOB. The OOB - particularly for the land units, but frankly all units to a greater or lesser extent - in WIF is not 100% accurate. There are counters and factors for certain counters that are not realistic by any means.

WIF is the greatest board game ever made - bar none - but please never assume that it provides a 100% accurate representation of the units that fought in WWII. There is a whole lot of game balance stuff going on. The WIF counter is named the 5th. If anything it should be the 200th.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

I think the Chinese unit in question is the 200th Division. Originally a tank unit, using mid-1930s light tanks and tankettes from Europe, it was reduced to Mechanized when most of the armor was transferred to corps units. Very little of the armor was left by the end of 1941.

The 200th took heavy casualties at Nanking and was rebuilt prior to moving into Burma. It may have still have some armor (or more likely armored cars) and probably some horse cavalry (although the cavalry might have been a separate unit).

traskott

Post by traskott »

Thanks guys! I didnt know the OOB WiF was unacuratted. Point taken. Thanks again
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

unacuratted [:D]

Has to added to the files started by GreyJoy & Canoerebel!!!!

Apologies traskott, your English is fantastic compared to my Spanish.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
traskott

Post by traskott »

No problem, JeffK, Spanish is only for The Chosen ( [:'(] ) .

However, it's true I was really confused/tired/whatever when I wrote unacuratted. Friday Night, I guess

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”