Saipan scenario

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rosseau

Saipan scenario

Post by Rosseau »

Anyone know of a Saipan scenario besides the old SSG Battlefront game? Couldn't even find one in TOAW3. Maybe cause no one wants to simulate Gen. Howlin' Mad Smith's unprofessionalism [;)]
oldspec4

RE: Saipan scenario

Post by oldspec4 »

I believe that Storm over the Pacific has a Saipan scenario. I have not played that particular scenario so YMMV.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Yes, but the land combat in the game is not really up to the companies other efforts.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Anyone know of a Saipan scenario besides the old SSG Battlefront game? Couldn't even find one in TOAW3. Maybe cause no one wants to simulate Gen. Howlin' Mad Smith's unprofessionalism [;)]

Oh ye of little faith!

Saipan 44, v1, United States, 53 units, Japan 57 units, 110 total units, 25 daily turns, 15/6/1944, PO Both, PBEM Yes, 1.25 Km per hex, Rgt/Div unit/formation scale, Saipan Island, The Marianas, Paul Eric Wilson the scenario designer, Originally released for TOAW I version 1.07.03, Convertable by ACOW, 12/9/1998 scenario creation date, WW II, Allied Liberation of Saipan, Marianas, Pacific, Historical, WW II - Asia, Modded Graphics No, External Equipment Database No, AI Mod No, Size Index 5, Very Small, Valid Yes, Released in TOAW III format, Legacy Project Volume XX, Available from the download section at Gamesquad.

Data taken from the TOAW III Scenario Catalogue available from the TOAW forum at Gamesquad.

No matter what the question the answer is TOAW. The answer is always TOAW.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

There is a Marianas scenario in War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition. I've played it from both sides-not for the faint of heart, but good scenario.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Data taken from the TOAW III Scenario Catalogue available from the TOAW forum at Gamesquad.
Thanks for the tip. Hungry as I am for WWII Pacific operational land combat scenarios, I'll be sure to pay a visit to the TOAW forum at Gamesquad very soon.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes Spec, Storm over Pacific - I forgot. And thanks for the games squad forum, Shunwick. Without TOAW and (some) of the HPS titles, hard to find real historical stuff.

BTW, any you guys want HPS Ancient Warfare series or Tigers on the Prowl, I'll fedex to you real cheap. Hate to waste 'em.

Thanks.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

I am interested in both Tigers on the Prowl and the " Greek wars " and " Roman Civil Wars ".

Please let me know, thank you.

I really do like Wastelands games very much. But the Storm over Pacific island battles were just too generic for me. They have the troops listed as Engineers,Armor, etc but they are just names and as far as combat ability they are just cookie cutter.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
wodin

Post by wodin »

Fancy Roman Civil Wars myself..whoops to late.

As for Tigers on the Prowl not sure it can be installed on a 64bit system.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Sorry guys. I had meant Tigers Unleashed (and Point of Attack for that matter). Unplayable, at least for me.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

Combat Command Matrix Edition.

A fan produced a large Saipan scenario. Its very tough!

Return to “General Discussion”