About Artillery

Share your best tactics, strategies and gameplay tips with other gamers here.

Moderator: Vic

Rander

About Artillery

Post by Rander »

Hello.

I have a question about artillery.

Artillery units (those composed by artillery or heavy artillery) get HQBonus for being on their HQ range (like other land troops) when make a bombardment or they didn't get any bonus?
(In other words: the combat bonus given by the HQ's also applies to bombard attacks?).

Bye,
Rander.
ernieschwitz

RE: About Artillery

Post by ernieschwitz »

I´ve been speculating about this myself... And I have no idea. If they don´t get a bonus it would seem appropriate to not include them in your HQs, and reserve that space for infantry formations...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Rander

Post by Rander »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I´ve been speculating about this myself... And I have no idea. If they don´t get a bonus it would seem appropriate to not include them in your HQs, and reserve that space for infantry formations...
That's the idea [;)]
Even more now that with leaders the HQ's tend to be smaller.

Bye!
Rander.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I think it does get the HQ bonus as it is displayed in the units information box (HQ influence = xxx%). Besides... don't know if you have realized this, but Arty units are an awesome way, albeit a bit gamey perhaps, to get your HQ experience. A few exp tube units are Inf killers, and they give their HQ an Exp boost. So I have always a few Arty units included in my OOB.
Rander

Post by Rander »

ORIGINAL: Josh

I think it does get the HQ bonus as it is displayed in the units information box (HQ influence = xxx%). Besides... don't know if you have realized this, but Arty units are an awesome way, albeit a bit gamey perhaps, to get your HQ experience. A few exp tube units are Inf killers, and they give their HQ an Exp boost. So I have always a few Arty units included in my OOB.
I think HQ influence is displyayed on all units. But not sure if it has effect on artillery.
This weekend if I have some time I'll make some tests.

Bye.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

Yes, artillery gets bonus from HQ when it bombards enemy.
But it is another question. When I bombard an enemy unit with my artillery linked to HQ-A and then I attack it with unit linked to HQ-B, did I get any penalty because I mix different HQ in attack?
Vic

Post by Vic »

For all this sort of questions you can always go to the combat detail window and see in detail the modifiers applied.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Rander

Post by Rander »

ORIGINAL: Vic

For all this sort of questions you can always go to the combat detail window and see in detail the modifiers applied.

best,
Vic
Thanks, Vic.

ORIGINAL: Madlok

Yes, artillery gets bonus from HQ when it bombards enemy.
But it is another question. When I bombard an enemy unit with my artillery linked to HQ-A and then I attack it with unit linked to HQ-B, did I get any penalty because I mix different HQ in attack?
I think there is no penalty because they are 2 separated attacks.

Bye!
Rander

Post by Rander »

Answering myself: yes, artillery gets the HQ Bonus.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... eryhq.png/

Bye!

Return to “The War Room”