1.30 issues

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Jonathan Pollard

1.30 issues

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

I upgraded from the beta to 1.30. When I disbanded battleships, there was no drop in national morale. Also, when I disbanded Serbian units in Serbia, French units in France, and UK units in the British Isles, only 50% of the PPs were credited.

Jonathan Pollard

RE: 1.30 issues

Also, I disbanded the French fighter unit and was credited 30 manpower. I then ordered a fighter unit to be produced, and only 3 manpower was charged for the fighter production.
Orm

Post by Orm »

Here is a picture of the disband bug.

Edit: I considered disbanding a Belgien Corps earlier in the turn but then it was shown as returning 0 in manpower. Unfortunately I am not sure which of the three Belgians I have on that front it was.

Attachments
Error19+20.jpg
Error19+20.jpg (197.45 KiB) Viewed 156 times
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Jonathan Pollard

Britain and Germany each start with only 1 battleship in the 1916 scenario.
Jonathan Pollard

Also in the 1916 scenario, von Essen starts attached to the Russian battleship unit. Historically he had died in 1915.
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-fr ... 5B858DF1D3
Jonathan Pollard

Armored cars not only benefit from entrenchments, they will actually dig entrenchments themselves.

EDIT: I don't see armored cars not benefiting from entrenchments listed any more in the patch changes, so maybe that's WAD.
Jonathan Pollard

There are hexes 3-5 hexes east of Aleppo, mostly along the rail, that appear to be desert hexes but in reality are rough and grassland hexes.
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Thanks Jonathan for all the feedback, we put them on the list!
Jonathan Pollard

ORIGINAL: Jonathan Pollard

I upgraded from the beta to 1.30. When I disbanded battleships, there was no drop in national morale.
I think the drop in morale actually does take place, in the turn after disbanding. I tried it with a British battleship and that's what happened.
Jonathan Pollard

I disbanded the Russian battleship at the start of a single player 1916 scenario and Russian morale actually went up the following turn, from 76 to 78. Maybe that battleship was a Potemkin waiting to happen [X(]
Jonathan Pollard

Some minor issues: Ulyanovsk was known as Simbirsk prior to 1924, when its name was changed in honor of Lenin's original name. Also, Tsaritsyn is actually located on the west bank of the Volga, not the east. And Archangel is a port located on the White Sea which Russia's allies used for shipping supplies there. It was where Kitchener was headed in 1916 when his ship was sunk by a mine.
Jonathan Pollard

I've noticed that occasionally battleships strategically bombard cities without using any ammo. This is easily reproducible. Start a 1916 scenario with balanced AI as the Entente. As your first move, send your French battleship to bombard Izmir. The bombardment will take place without any ammo deducted from your stockpile. Also, on your first move you can declare war against the Netherlands and have the British battleship bombard Leeuwarden. No ammo will be used in that bombardment either. I've also noticed bombardments by French and Italian battleships against Split and Cattaro that did not cost any ammo.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I have downloaded 1.30 but I cannot access - or even see - my game with Colberki anymore? Can I ask you to investigate please?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
johnnybravo

Post by johnnybravo »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I have downloaded 1.30 but I cannot access - or even see - my game with Colberki anymore? Can I ask you to investigate please?

I see 3 games between you and Colberki. It is Colberki's turn in all 3. You dont't even see that info?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: johnnybravo

I see 3 games between you and Colberki. It is Colberki's turn in all 3. You dont't even see that info?
warspite1

Colberki and I have just one game in play at the present - and its my turn.

I downloaded the beta patch (as did Colberki) and we began playing under that. Both he and I have now downloaded the official 1.3 patch - I confirm this when looking at the credits tab.

When I go into multiplayer I see a number of games - with dates issued from 14th November 2012 to 12th April 2013, but none are with Colberki.

Edit:

I have done a scan of my computer and received this message:

Category: Resolved Security Risks
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,Path - Filename
2013-03-08 18:58:28,High,commanderthegreatwar-update-v120beta[1].exe (Suspicious.Mystic) detected by Download Insight,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,"c:\users\robert\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.ie5\ao2qc3a6\commanderthegreatwar-update-v120beta[1].exe"

a) When were the three games between Colberki and me, that you see, begun?
b) Is the above anything to do with my issue?

johnnybravo

Post by johnnybravo »

warspite1

I downloaded the beta patch (as did Colberki) and we began playing under that. Both he and I have now downloaded the official 1.3 patch - I confirm this when looking at the credits tab.

When I go into multiplayer I see a number of games - with dates issued from 14th November 2012 to 12th April 2013, but none are with Colberki.

Edit:

2013-03-08 18:58:28,High,commanderthegreatwar-update-v120beta[1].exe (Suspicious.Mystic) detected by Download Insight,Quarantined,Resolved - No Action Required,"c:\users\robert\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.ie5\ao2qc3a6\commanderthegreatwar-update-v120beta[1].exe"

Ah, if you played during patch beta, then your games was running on test PBEM server. With official patch game uses live server again and that is why you can't see your game. Sorry, but it is not possible to move your game from test to live.

3 games I see are indeed finished. Mu bad for not noticing earlier.

Your AV gives false positive and it is of course not related to the problem.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

Edit:

Ah, if you played during patch beta, then your games was running on test PBEM server. With official patch game uses live server again and that is why you can't see your game. Sorry, but it is not possible to move your game from test to live.

3 games I see are indeed finished. Mu bad for not noticing earlier.

Your AV gives false positive and it is of course not related to the problem.
warspite1

That's disappointing - I must have read LZ's comment in the 1.30 Update thread wrong [&:]

Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Hi Warspite,

This was already posted also with the 1.20 instructions, sorry you missed this that the Beta patches use the PBEM test server, but it was clearly stated for both patches.
Jonathan Pollard

When I moused over a potential attack across the river hexside southeast of Danzig, no river penalty symbol showed up in the combat prognosis. I thought maybe some rivers freeze in the winter, but another river hexside nearby (of the same river) did have the penalty symbol show up when I moused across it.

Attachments
danzigriver.jpg
danzigriver.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

Szymon is back in office Wednesday and he will have a look, thanks for the reports!

Return to “Tech Support”