Is there a rundown of campaigns' playable side?

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

borsook79

Is there a rundown of campaigns' playable side?

Post by borsook79 »

I'd be interested to know what sides are playable in which campaign, especially when it comes to the Axis. I guess that basic game has 3 Allied campaigns? And I assume Blitzkrieg France is German? What about others?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
PipFromSlitherine

RE: Is there a rundown of campaigns' playable side?

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

France is the only campaign where you play as the Germans. Obviously all campaigns include MP missions where you can play either side.

There are also a couple of small skirmish missions playable as the Germans, as well as the German versions of Merr's awesome user content which generates random maps/missions for SP (and MP) games.

I think it's worth reiterating how hassle-free MP is for BA - you can play turns as and when you like, and there are always people ready to play. It's definitely the place where tactics are put to the test.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

France is the only campaign where you play as the Germans. Obviously all campaigns include MP missions where you can play either side.

There are also a couple of small skirmish missions playable as the Germans, as well as the German versions of Merr's awesome user content which generates random maps/missions for SP (and MP) games.

I think it's worth reiterating how hassle-free MP is for BA - you can play turns as and when you like, and there are always people ready to play. It's definitely the place where tactics are put to the test.

Cheers

Pip

Thanks for the answer Pip! I know that MP may be great, but still I'm more interested in SP. Hope to see some more Germany-oriented campaigns in future expansions and the sequel.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Sure - we know a lot of people are more SP focused. I think that often people are put off by needing to arrange games, etc - which isn't required in the PBEM++ system. You can just accept a challenge, or post your own, and then play the games as they pop into your list. (Forgive me for my evangelism, but even our CEO can't stop playing MP [:)]).

With regard to Axis missions, it's definitely something we are working on (although any details are still Classified). And as for BA2, well, I think you will be happy with its setting... BA2

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

Sure - we know a lot of people are more SP focused. I think that often people are put off by needing to arrange games, etc - which isn't required in the PBEM++ system. You can just accept a challenge, or post your own, and then play the games as they pop into your list. (Forgive me for my evangelism, but even our CEO can't stop playing MP [:)]).

With regard to Axis missions, it's definitely something we are working on (although any details are still Classified). And as for BA2, well, I think you will be happy with its setting... BA2

Cheers

Pip
Oh, I'm really excited about BA2! Still there are a lot of battles that would be interesting from the Axis perspective, e.g. Crete and the Battle of the Bulge. Also it's a bit of a pity that the campaign descriptions on the website aren't 100% clear as to what is the playable side.

And I think I will need to give MP a try, problem is my gaming time is a bit erratic, sometimes I do not have the time to play for whole weeks and I always feel guilty leaving my opponents hanging in the air like that...

Return to “Battle Academy”