Have you seen the manual

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

db2000

Have you seen the manual

Post by db2000 »

Got delivery today finally of my order. Dammmnnn!!! Have you seen the size of this manual (in one language lol). Guess I got a busy weekend on the toilet at home then for some light reading lol.
"Life! Where would we be without it?" Derek Briscoe
sprior

RE: Have you seen the manual

Post by sprior »

Be careful what you wipe with.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Yes, or hold it exclusively in your right hand if you are one of...well..you know.

Honestly, if you know about the history of the war in the pacific you can pretty well guess. That's what I do. [:)]

You also might want to eat more fiber. [:)]
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

there was a time when most games, even the arcade ones came with (some very detailed) manuals

a bygone era...
db2000

Post by db2000 »

LOL...ok some sound advice given (quickly adds, none that I didn't already know).

Jorge, your so right, there were some good days where large manuals just helped you feel you had value for money. Long gone days now sadly.
"Life! Where would we be without it?" Derek Briscoe
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

Also, load up the game and copy the manual (PDF) to your favorite smartphone or e-reader and you can read in more places!
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Also, load up the game and copy the manual (PDF) to your favorite smartphone or e-reader and you can read in more places!

Good lord! I never thought of this. Please explain how to get this on my iPhone please!

Thanks.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

"Siri, when does the B-25L become available?"

"I'm afraid I don't find the B-25L in the manual. Would you like me to look it up on the internet?"
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

pacificbetta

Post by pacificbetta »

A terrible decision making scenario if u run out of toilet paper and all that is avaialble is the nicely printed manual
Reg

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

A terrible decision making scenario if u run out of toilet paper and all that is available is the nicely printed manual...

But it's printed in shiny paper. Have you ever used waxed toilet paper?? [:(]

Back in the seventies when I was at primary school, apparently the Queensland education department got a good deal on waxed paper so they bought a warehouse full of the stuff. (Not a bad decision as waxed paper does not deteriorate in damp conditions at the many small country schools with outhouses). However, this particular paper tended to smear rather than collect and you can only imagine the usual result of using the stuff. [:(] It was universally detested and unless they were truly desperate, everyone avoided using it or bring in their own supplies. The worst bit was the Ed Dept in their usual frugal style refused to buy replacement paper until existing stocks were used up. I heard they were still issuing the stuff in the Eighties. Probably the best value purchase they ever made. [:D]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Justus2

Post by Justus2 »

A terrible decision making scenario if u run out of toilet paper and all that is avaialble is the nicely printed manual

But it's a better option than if you run out and all you have is the .pdf on your smartphone... [:D]
Just when I get the hang of a game, I buy two more... :)
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Reg

A terrible decision making scenario if u run out of toilet paper and all that is available is the nicely printed manual...

Back in the seventies when I was at primary school, apparently the Queensland education department got a good deal on waxed paper so they bought a warehouse full of the stuff. (Not a bad decision as waxed paper does not deteriorate in damp conditions at the many small country schools with outhouses). However, this particular paper tended to smear rather than collect and you can only imagine the usual result of using the stuff. [:(] It was universally detested and unless they were truly desperate, everyone avoided using it or bring in their own supplies. The worst bit was the Ed Dept in their usual frugal style refused to buy replacement paper until existing stocks were used up. I heard they were still issuing the stuff in the Eighties. Probably the best value purchase they ever made. [:D]

Waxed TP in PEACETIME??? What idiot ordered that? You would have to be from another planet to think that was a good idea. Number 3 Pea Gravel would have worked better.
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

You learn something new about this game everyday, as I didn't know the UK edition of the manual was printed in toilet tissue. [X(]
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Reg

Waxed TP in PEACETIME??? What idiot ordered that? You would have to be from another planet to think that was a good idea. Number 3 Pea Gravel would have worked better.
I was going to say 600 grit sandpaper. My dad owned a bodyshop. I made sure that we NEVER ran out of TP.

But waxed TP? The question is not what idiot ordered it but what low-grade moron ever thought up the idea in the first place.
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

"Siri, when does the B-25L become available?"

"I'm afraid I don't find the B-25L in the manual. Would you like me to look it up on the internet?"

We got her to cuss the other day at work. Whatver you save your name in your phone as she repeats it word for word if you ask her "what is my name"...you can imagine what we came up with [:)]

I got into an argument with her at home and my wife thought I was the lamest human she has ever met.

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

dbl

Dez caught it

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”