Pride of Nations and Rise of Prussia are back home

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Philkian

Pride of Nations and Rise of Prussia are back home

Post by Philkian »

After many weeks of discussions, Ageod (www.ageod.com)is very pleased to announce that Pride of Nations and Rise of Prussia are coming home. From 1st March Paradox Interactive have surrendered their commercial rights to sell any Ageod game including these two flagship titles.

As many may know, Ageod joined the Slitherine Group in January this year. Both Pride of Nations and Rise of Prussia were built on the AGEOD engine and were released during Ageod’s period of time with Paradox and since leaving Paradox and until joining the Slitherine Group their future has been uncertain. “We now have to tell you that the future is bright!”, says Philippe Thibaut, Director of Ageod “and to celebrate this move we can announce that we are working on a patch to upgrade both titles. This will only be available through our Group outlets”.

“Our Policy will be to continue to fully support our developers and their titles at realistic price points, in order that they can continue to bring to users quality turn based strategy games” says JD McNeil, C.E.O. of the Slitherine Group . “This involves the effort and work necessary to support, update and improve our group games as and when this is needed, even long after initial release. So rest assured that we will continue to discuss and engage with our audience, on how and where to patch and add new features where possible”.

As a consequence of this deal, the Ageod forum will be the place to discuss these games and all aspects of future releases, updates and news.
DhulKarnain

RE: Pride of Nations and Rise of Prussia are back home

Post by DhulKarnain »

"...we are working on a patch to upgrade both titles. This will only be available through our Group outlets”
This is incredibly lame.

I bought PoN on GamersGate and now, even though I am a paying customer, I am to be punished and will not receive the most up-to-date version of the game, all because of the sour relationship between Ageod and Paradox. Unbelievable.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry for the confusion but this is not what it means at all. The games are being withdrawn from sale from other sites and will only be available via the Slitherine/Matrix/Ageod stores. Patches will only be available from these sites. They will be available to everyone, no matter where they bought from, which means we will be paying developers to support a game which was sold via a site from which we received no revenue at all.

The point is that no development was possible while Paradox owned them. Now we own them we are able to continue development so it is a good news story!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
DhulKarnain

Post by DhulKarnain »

Thank you for clearing that up. It makes sense now, but I hope you can see how it's possible to misunderstand that particular wording within the announcement.

And I do apologize for coming a bit too strong. I've nothing but respect for you guys at Slitherine.
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

I can see how it could - I just ask you give us the benefit of the doubt and ask first next time :)
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Matto

Post by Matto »

"...we are working on a patch to upgrade both titles"

Sounds great ... any closer information about patches? I cannot find anything about patches at AGEOD forum ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

AGEOD typically releases a bunch of patches every six months. They also do hot fixes. See http://www.ageod-forum.com/forum.php

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”