Multiplayer

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

koontz

Multiplayer

Post by koontz »

How will it work?

Hope you are planning to support more than 2 players.
Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics.

"All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him."
Dimitris

RE: Multiplayer

Post by Dimitris »

Hello,

As we have previously stated multiplayer is still under development and will appear on a subsequent release of Command. As a result some of its details are not set in stone and we may be unable to provide many details until we are closer to releasing it. Our MP design takes multiple-side situations in consideration.

Thanks!
ETF

Post by ETF »

Great thanks so much. Most of what I find on Matrix these days are just one player games with outdated IGO UGO systems. Or just PBEM. Really is this 2013?

Glad to see though that you are 1) moving ahead with a MP platform 2) That you are considering MP designs with multiple commands for MP players. This certainly is a step a head for your publisher.

Looking forward to the release. Looks like a real winner for you guys and Matrix!!
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Pax25

Post by Pax25 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Hello,

As we have previously stated multiplayer is still under development and will appear on a subsequent release of Command. As a result some of its details are not set in stone and we may be unable to provide many details until we are closer to releasing it. Our MP design takes multiple-side situations in consideration.

Thanks!

When you say "subsequent release" do you mean a future patch or an expansion/new release?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

We mean a subsequent release.
koontz

Post by koontz »

So what plans do you have for multiplayer? Please allow more than 2 players.
Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics.

"All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him."
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Currently we're busy with getting v1 to release status, so we'd prefer to concentrate on that.

Thanks!
Galahad78

Post by Galahad78 »

Hello,

Thanks!

That means cooperative play will be possible?? That sounds great!! [&o]
JRyan

Post by JRyan »

Ah the first Multiplayer game that works...I remember those days..Dawn Patrol.......Wow..
But By Grace Go I.......
Underfire

Post by Underfire »

ORIGINAL: Pax25

Hello,

Thanks!

When you say "subsequent release" do you mean a future patch or an expansion/new release?

Hmm. Think I'll wait for the 'subsequent release' before pulling my plastic out of my wallet. Don't want to pay twice.
Llyranor

Post by Llyranor »

Hello,

Thanks!
Hi,

Do you know if co-op (2 players vs AI) is being considered?
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

I dont think that this is a trivial thing to say "We mean a subsequent release. " as customer i dont like see this kind of replies specially because made me retreat my plastic friend specially since a serie of bad experiences with "we say one thing to attrack buyers and after they buy we change our mind".

And returning to the topic... support teamgames or teams VS AI for me is a good idea, is rare see wargames with this support maybe i can add to this my interest in a turn system if tactical AI is good enough to leave it alone without sending a Typhoon to Las Vegas to play Black Jack [:D]
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Underfire
Hmm. Think I'll wait for the 'subsequent release' before pulling my plastic out of my wallet. Don't want to pay twice.

Hi Herman.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

LOL!
ORIGINAL: Underfire

Hi Herman.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon
I dont think that this is a trivial thing to say "We mean a subsequent release. " as customer i dont like see this kind of replies specially because made me retreat my plastic friend specially since a serie of bad experiences with "we say one thing to attrack buyers and after they buy we change our mind".

Bad experiences from us?

If not, then why not give us a break? Why jump the gun? Why assume the worst?

To quote Scott H:

Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

What you get with V1 is a fully-formed single player game well worth what they'll be charging. WarfareSims has never said that Multiplayer was a V1 deliverable and only when asked here did they mention that it might be a future release. You buy V1 and get V1. If they say there's going to be a V2 someday, fine, that's cool, when it comes out buy V2. But why would that prevent you from buying V1?

And returning to the topic... support teamgames or teams VS AI for me is a good idea, is rare see wargames with this support maybe i can add to this my interest in a turn system if tactical AI is good enough to leave it alone without sending a Typhoon to Las Vegas to play Black Jack [:D]
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

No from you but after bad experiences with "changes" after release the game i use now a politic of dont put money where i dont have clear what i am going to have for my money.

And one thing is buy a game and later update to Gold edition with a small money aportation (like ROP gold) and other BUY a new game paying a full game price when only diference is multiplayer.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Well, V1 is V1. If they later release V2, which is only V1+multiplayer, at full price, then feel free to complain or whatever. But until then multiplayer's a feature for another release. You can wait for it, I suppose, or buy V1 and have fun in the meantime.

Frankly I'd wonder how multiplayer would be rigged in a game like Command. I spent the better part of 4 days playing one scenario, say 16hrs. That's at my own speed, with frequent pauses and other in-house hijinx. Realistically how do you play that with 1 or more other people? Sure, you could have smaller games (30min to say 4 hr) that might work better, but this is a real-time game with time compression. It's not WitPAE with daily turns.

Also it appears that WarfareSims has built V1 with multiplayer expansion capacity in mind. Perhaps the 'later release' is a DLC after further development/testing and not a full-up game and technically not a 'patch'.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

No from you but after bad experiences with "changes" after release the game i use now a politic of dont put money where i dont have clear what i am going to have for my money.

And one thing is buy a game and later update to Gold edition with a small money aportation (like ROP gold) and other BUY a new game paying a full game price when only diference is multiplayer.

Hi Hexagon.

We buy games too so we certainly understand how you feel about this.

The features that stick out in my mind are:

30+ prebuild scenarios
2 Databases (Modern DB3k and Cold War DB) with 1000's of units along with a viewer.
Scenario editor with Database edit capability
Scenario recorder with in game player.
Ability to import imagery into the game.
Slick and intuitive UI
A committed developer group and community that is interested in supporting the game and moving things forward.

Thanks!

Mike

ETF

Post by ETF »

Curious assuming sales are good (which I'm sure they will be!!)will the MP component just be a module/DLC? Will it be stuck to the PBEM format only? This assumes you have got that far in your MP deliberations :)
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”