OUT of Resource,supply& oil,fuel

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Von Weber

OUT of Resource,supply& oil,fuel

Post by Von Weber »

From my previous thread Lack of Arments, I learned a lot about not only arments but also got very valuable info about truck shortages.So I'd like to take part everyone who intrests in discussing of this topic to get know more about the down-written issues
Now I want to learn about others strategic factors that could affect on the game strategy.
I think no one could ever run out of resources or oil. Except German side.Can I be mistaken?
Fuel is also a big problem for Germans in the late war but may be never for Soviet even in the late war, when army growing increasingly and becomes more mechanized, adding soviet AF about 10000-12000 aircrafts.OR may be I'm wrong?
But supplies, can the supply crisis occur even for a while for soviet side. Evacuating in summer 1941 the HI recovers only 2 points per turn, but almost everything requires supplies:
1.Industry for building everything
2. All frontline units so general supplies as AMMo.
SO should the player care about supplies the same as about trucks and arments?
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW
vlcz

RE: OUT of Resource,supply& oil,fuel

Post by vlcz »

In a quite old thread Bletchley Geek exposed some interesting ideas about the efects of losing baku & the caucasus oilfields even for a single turn -given the time it takes to repair them- for the soviet war effort...Now the "caucasus fever" seems far away from the current metagame but sometime ago it was a debatable matter..

I can only speak from my experience as late war axis without oil, I remenber it was quite depressing looking at the panzers movement allowance, and it humpers their ability to activate as reserves and escape from some kessels ...but at those times it was not the worst problem I was facing ....
Von Weber

RE: OUT of Resource,supply& oil,fuel

Post by Von Weber »

Thanks for the reply vlcz! I try to find his thread. And what is your opinion about supply matter especially for the soviets?
And can you tell me the name of the old thread by Bletchley Geek or may be the keywords that I could find it through the search. I tried to do it trying to put oilfields Caucus and Baku in the search window but still no result. It interests me much.
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW

Return to “The War Room”