Honduran-Salvadoran war

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

lion_of_judah

Honduran-Salvadoran war

Post by lion_of_judah »

In July of 1969 Honduras and El Salvador fought a war for 100 hours, which ended in a cease-fire with no clear winner. The Salvadoran military leadership wanted to continue the war until their objects had been accomplished. But due to lack of supplies and mounting international pressure they were forced to accept a ceasefire. This scenario takes place 14 years later, with a revamped Salvadoran military itching for revenge against Honduras. So begins the Soccer war round 2. Guatemala and Belize are playable to add what if's variants. Guatemala has territorial claims on Belize and Honduras as well.

This scenario has been posted on the ATG community website for download. Scenario is far from finished and is still a work in progress. Which ever regime reaches 33 victory points wins.

download instructions- unzip either into your " my documents folder" or desktop then manually past each folder into the ATG main directory

Editor note- This scenario has no relations to the scenario which Grymme created. My map and NATO symbols are my own creation and idea. The only relation is the subject matter, nothing more.

Attachments
Map1.jpg
Map1.jpg (322.64 KiB) Viewed 192 times
lion_of_judah

RE: Honduran-Salvadoran war

Post by lion_of_judah »

Map 2 showing Honduras

Attachments
Map2.jpg
Map2.jpg (313.59 KiB) Viewed 192 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Map 3 is of Guatemala -

Attachments
Map3.jpg
Map3.jpg (310.65 KiB) Viewed 192 times
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Mexico is neutral even though a portion of Mexico is visible. Units are as follows, Brigade, Battalion and Regiment level. Unit breakdown below

Infantry Brigade 20-23 infantry = 4,000 men with 20 infantry, if the unit has 23 Infantry then this = 4,600 men
4 Machine guns
3 Mortars & or 3 Bazooka's

Infantry Btln - 6-10 Infantry = 1,200 men if the unit has 10 infantry then this = 2,000 men
1 Machine gun
1 Mortar & or 1 Bazooka

Infantry Regiment - 11-16 Infantry
2 machine guns
2 mortars
2 Bazooka's
Tank Bltn - 4-5 tanks = 40-50 tanks
Air group consists of 8-22 planes = 8-22 planes

lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Salvadoran OOB

6 Infantry Brigades
8 Infantry Bltn's
2 Engineer Bltns
1 Mechanized Cavalry Regiment
1 Special forces regiment
2 Para Bltns

Honduras OOB

4 Infantry Bltn's
1 Special forces Bltn
1 Infantry Regiment
1 Presidential Grd Regiment

Guatemala OOB

2 Infantry Brigades
22 Infantry Bltns
1 Special Forces Brigade
2 Para Bltns
1 Engineer Bltn
1 Presidential Guard Bltn

Belize OOB

1 Infantry Bltn
1 Reserve Infantry Bltn

lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

with the help of ernieschwitz who is a genus at programming in my book. I'm very exited to announce that manpower has now been added into this scenario. I have uploaded the updated scenario to the ATG community site.

Now Infantry will cost 3 manpower to produce, machinegun, mortar and Bazooka now cost 1 manpower. Militia costs 2 manpower, Rangers, Paratroops and Marines now cost 5 manpower.

My source material that i use for OOB, also tells the number of reserves each nation has so this is what i have given them to start out with. the only new manpower which is added every turn after is what ernieschwitz programmed nothing more and it is not much compared with what your going too be spending in manpower costs each turn. Political Point cost is as follows- 5 for a unit and 10 for a HQ

Reserves by nation

Honduras = 60,000
El Salvador = 25,000
Guatemala = 35,000
Belize = 2,000
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

as of now there are no AI's programmed, just human players
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

while play testing realized that i did not give a manpower cost for engineers, so this will need too be fixed. infantry has a manpower cost of 3, machine gun, mortar and bazooka have 1. paratroop, commando's and marines have 5. so my question is this, should i increase these costs or leave them the same.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

i have another question, if i want to create a anti-tank regiment or Bltn, how many do i put into this unit. 4-6 for a bltn, and 6-9 for a regiment along with the infantry units or leave infantry out. one cannot put 50-60 anti-tank units in here, the strength would be outrageous.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

while play testing realized that i did not give a manpower cost for engineers, so this will need too be fixed. infantry has a manpower cost of 3, machine gun, mortar and bazooka have 1. paratroop, commando's and marines have 5. so my question is this, should i increase these costs or leave them the same.

If you are going to put in manpower for engineers, i suggest also using it for staff.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

I think you are correct ernieschwitz, i did not even think about that. So now the question is, how much manpower cost to produce staff should be. i'm thinking higher than infantry but not sure how much. maybe 5 not sure
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

It really depends on what you think manpower is representing.

If you think it is a man pr. man measure of strength, i would go for a number that was lower. If you think that you want to represent manpower as also the extra need to educate, i would go for a high number...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

my reasoning for costing infantry 3 manpower points is that i treat each infantry as 200 men, so 20 infantry would then be 4,000 men and so on. so i guess more, but too high and then you would run out of manpower with just a very few turns i'm thinking.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

this scenario is a work in progress and anything that is in need of fixing will be taken care of so let me know. input appreciated
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

what has been fixed- base morale has been increased to 100, unit morale is still the same, example- Honduran morale - 15, Salvadoran is 21. i have done this in order to show the quality of those forces. the book i use for troop quality is " How to make war" by James F Dunningan. in regime slots 2-5 for oil & raw was showing -1, changed these to 0. now El Salvador is the first player, not Honduras. Updated scenario will be uploaded sometime this weekend.

Needs fixing

Flags will be changed to a different folder. only the flags of the regimes for this scenario will be in folder no other. I also noticed that the flags that were not the correct one's so will correct this. Engineers still need manpower cost added
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

a new version of this scenario has now been uploaded. this version has the new manpower addition as well as a new flag folder called " central America" the only flags in this folder are the one's used for this scenario. Unzip the file to your desktop or documents folder and then copy and past as normal into the appropriate folders.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

i have been play testing this and it is possible for the Salvadoran player to win within just a few turns. the longer Honduras can hold the less chance of a Salvadoran victory though. this is the case right now, the Salvadoran player has 33 of the 35 VP needed to win but is running out of units to hold the large amount of territory she has captured. i have tried each turn to win within a couple of turns but just can't seem to achieve that needed victory. So as my previous comment, the longer Honduras holds the less chance of a Salvadoran victory. This decreases even more once Guatemala enters the fray, decreasing Salvadoran victory to almost 0 chances of happening.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

Salvadoran goal- group 1 head to the Caribbean coast, while group 2 heads towards the Honduran capital. Group 1 has always reached the the coast within 3 turns. sends the Mechanized regiment and 2 infantry Brigades south towards the capital, while leaving 1 infantry brigade with 1 infantry bltn and a para troop bltn guarding their northern flank. Group 2 always gets to within 1 hex of the Honduran capital and this time has been able to assault the capital but was thrown back 3 times now.

Hondurans have mobilized 4 infantry Brigades, and the Presidential guard Regiment around the capital. so now the only shot of a Salvadoran victory is for this split group from group 1 to succeed in taking 2 more VP that will bring me to 35 or more points. the only units in the north the Honduran side has is 1 weak infantry Brigade and a half of a commando brigade. for Salvadoran forces to continue along the coast will eventually get them their victory points which are needed, but they risk being cut off by Honduran forces if given a chance and their supply line will be very vulnerable in being cut off. this is where this play test stands as of now. war begins on April 23 or 26 cannot remember and the turn is now may 11th.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”