Disbanding ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

cmdrsam

Disbanding ?

Post by cmdrsam »

Hi guys. Been awhile. Played this for a bit, got overwhelmed. Tried a pbem, got my butt kicked,lol. felt overwhelmed again and left it alone. Well now I got that itch to knock off the dust on this again and try and learn more.

enough of me blabbing. Ok disbanding LCU? Ok get you can do it in certain cities. My question, or I guess a couple of questions.

1. What do you look for when your disbanding a LCU? I understand the unit load out will go into a pool so you can have replacments.

2. But does the unit come back? Like when you disband a air group.

3. Speaking of disbanding air groups. Same question as number 1. Looking for tips on the reasons why you would disband a LCU or Air group.
crsutton

RE: Disbanding ?

Post by crsutton »

You can reconstitute most any unit by paying the PP and rebuilding it. When you disband an unit that is not required to withdraw at a later date you can opt to have it return automatically in 180 days. It will be devoid of squads and devices and you will have to rebuild if from your pools.

I disband a lot of commonwealth units due to the need for devices and squads to fill out active combat units. For example, you have a lot of Australian brigades that are useful in the early years for defending Oz but you really won't need in 1944-45. You really can't use more than about 4 or 5 Australian divisions in active combat because the replacement rate for squads is so low and you never have enough PP to buy them all out anyways. I upgrade all brigades that I can't use so that they have 44 Australian Infantry squads then move them to Sidney and disband them to fill my pools with 44 squads, 25 pounder guns, six pounder AT guns all of which are in short supply. I also disband a lot of lone Indian Brigades and battalions to fill out Indian Infantry divisions. Division are stronger and more durable than smaller units. I want to have strong and full divisions first.

Pretty much infantry is all I have ever disbanded. Never seen a need to disband anything else. I think I disbanded some artillery units and AT gun units to get more 25 pounders and six pounders for my infantry divisions. The replacement rate for these are pitiful and you never have enough. The good think is many devices are shared among all British Commonwealth units so you can disband an Australian unit to get devices for your Indian units.

I have never seen a need to disband any American unit, and you cannot disband Chinese units.

I rarely disband air groups. I disband fragments that are left over after carrier battles as they will not take replacements. I also might disband some very small groups but really any air group no matter the size can be useful for training so why disband it.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
cmdrsam

RE: Disbanding ?

Post by cmdrsam »

Thank you Mr. Sutton for your input.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”