Bugs/fixes

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
topper6

Bugs/fixes

Post by topper6 »

I remember this was also being a problem in some version of the previous CC-series.

When you get a los-line from a group it does not draw from the "main" gunner. From a BAR-group this los-line should go from the main gunner who is operating the BAR.

In the same way, the group members does not take the "right" positions when you are in the deployment mode and drop them in a house for example. The gunner often take a flanking role i tend to see.

Edit1:
When you click on a team in the news-line (which is way to compressed) the right team should of course be high-lighted.

And after giving a team to move, if they get under fire by so little as one shot, they take cover and abandon the given order. After the first round shot at them, you could at least in previously versions of CC, give them the new command and they would continue to move even if shot at again. In pitf i tend to see that they stop and defend/ambush, every time they get shot at, more or less. I don't like that.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Bugs/fixes

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: topper6
And after giving a team to move, if they get under fire by so little as one shot, they take cover and abandon the given order. After the first round shot at them, you could at least in previously versions of CC, give them the new command and they would continue to move even if shot at again. In pitf i tend to see that they stop and defend/ambush, every time they get shot at, more or less. I don't like that.

The code for this behavior hasn't changed from previous versions of CC. A team that is not under fire will usually stop and head for cover when it first takes fire. You can order them to continue moving while under fire, and they will usually do it, but it depends on the team's morale and experience, and the movement order you use. For best results use a short 'Move Fast' order.

A team LOS line for a team is drawn from the gunner for dedicated heavy weapons teams like HMGs and mortars, but not for infantry teams that happen to have an LMG. Positioning the gunner in these teams can be tricky during deployment, due to the way 'rifle' type infantry teams are handled in the engine. But you can use a movement order to reposition the team and the man with the LMG should go right to (or right next to) where you put the destination dot.

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”