How to contain Soviet aircraft strength?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SigUp

How to contain Soviet aircraft strength?

Post by SigUp »

In my games against the AI the Soviet fighter strength after bottoming around turn 5/6 increases very fast. So as the German side, how can I limit Soviet strength? I read of people doing fighter sweeps, so my question, which way is the most efficient way to shoot down Soviet planes?
chuckbbq

RE: How to contain Soviet aircraft strength?

Post by chuckbbq »

I've read about how people do "air superiority" missions, but I'm not sure how that's done either. I know if you move a unit adjacent to a air unit it will be forced to relocate and it will lose all damaged aircraft. The losses can pile up if they're bunched together.
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

You can attack an airbase in a bombing mission but just selecting fighters. You have to watch out though, as flak will get a chance to shoot down your fighters..
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
morvael

Post by morvael »

In mid-42 this usually results in a 1:2 exchange, sometimes 1:1 (from my experience as the receiving side). I don't know if it is worth for the Axis side, from the Soviet perspective it doesn't look dangerous.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Thanks, Cannonfodder, for a definition of "fighter sweep." Imagine it works as well if fighters are sent to attack any point on the map. Have to try this vs. AI. Anyone have other techniques for fighter sweeps?

Return to “The War Room”